2017-10 TEMAC Tickler, Annual Fun Fly Review

Started by sihinch, August 31, 2017, 08:36:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well that was fun!  ;D

Everyone who has spoken to me about our Annual TEMAC Fun Fly talks about how much fun they had, and what a good time it was.  I'm so glad! It's a big event and the Board always wants it to be special. I think this year it was simply magical! And it was so nice to see old friends from other clubs -thanks so much for coming. Plus it's extra special when we get to meet members' families.

I want to say again a big THANK YOU to all of our kind business supporters who 8) generously donated to our raffle - A&J Hobbies, DURAGrit, John's Hobbies, Great Hobbies and Pinnacle Hobby.

I'm sure you've noticed that the nights are unfortunately getting longer now. It's dark before 8pm, so I'm afraid that means that our Training for 2017 is nearly over.  Wednesday 13th September will be our last training night, and as is now tradition, our "Presidents' Pizza Party."  I would like to say thank you to all our helpers and congratulations to all our 2017 MAAC Wings recipients.

Finally, get your planes ready for the other "event of the year" - The Jack Higgins' Skills Challenge.  This event is guaranteed to make you laugh, and possibly make you cry (when you crash!)  Bomb drop, limbo dancing, carrier landings - you name it, we'll have it.  As usual we will have a BBQ and some events will be designed to allow students (with buddy box) to take part.  Sunday 24th September, 11:30am - be there!

Cheers,
Simon

sihinch

Fun Fly Recipients of DuraGRIT Gift Certificates, SAVE -  US postage and potential Canada Customs charges on your order,  contact Roger Mason at [email protected]

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

See more photos from the Fun Fly in the Photo Gallery at http://temac.ca/?p=12922.

Enjoy!

Andy

bfeist

Very sad to have missed it. I've been laid up with a herniated disc in my neck. You need your neck to look at airplanes :(

I've missed the whole bloody season!

Ben

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

More great photos from the Fun Fly by Greg Hazelton in the Photo Gallery at http://temac.ca/?p=12958.

Enjoy!

Andy