2017-11 TEMAC Tickler, President's Pizza Party

Started by sihinch, September 14, 2017, 10:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Well that's it for another year! Our Wednesday training evenings are finished for 2017 since it's now too dark, too early.  Congratulations to Chris Mason who earned his MAAC wings and joined the other TEMAC father & son flyers.  Thank you again to everyone who helped with our training program this year - to all the instructors, the ground crew, the Spektrum programming experts (Oscar!) and of course our CFI, Michael.

But the fact that training is over means 3 great things -
1) we had a pizza party,
2) it's nearly time for our winter meetings to start and
3) the Jack Higgins' Skills Challenge is imminent!

Mark your calendars for Sunday 24th September, when we will arrange another test of your flying skills and laugh at each others abilities during the Jack Higgins' Skills challenge.  We will either BBQ or have pizza starting at 11:30am.  See this post for details of events:
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6320.msg41016.html#new

Michael announced that he does not wish to continue as CFI next year, so if you are already an Instructor and feel like looking after our already established and successful training program for 2018, please let me or Graham know. If you have questions then I'm sure Michael, or Mike Hazelton, Graham or I can help.

We reminded everyone present on Wednesday night that one of the reasons we can continue to fly at TEMAC is our safety record.  We all get to enjoy our hobby at Rogofield with MAAC coverage because we have not interfered with real air traffic, we have not caused any issues with the road traffic and we have not hurt anyone.  The 2 biggest contributors to these facts are peoples behaviours and the club safety rules.  Please remember that we all have a part to play in keeping our field operational - be safe and please respect our club rules.

Finally, watch the forum for details of our Winter schedule. Frank has already started a thread discussing the build classes for 2017/18, so get your projects planned.
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6318.msg41009.html#new

Cheers,
Simon

Frank v B

It was sure a great evening.  Summer has finally arrived (no rain even).... in time to leave us.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"