Mini-Mustang found growing in the corn (owner found)

Started by Frank v B, September 03, 2017, 03:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Found a small silver Mustang made of foam board about 50' from the south-east corner of the field.  It has the hallmarks of a Frank Candu build (foam board, lots of hot melt glue, bamboo skewers for hatch closures, quad copter motor).  Silver with a bright green tape hatch, 800 mah 3S battery, 4 channel.  It was in one piece but a little wet.  Please let me know if you lost it.  Can bring it on Wednesday.
Don't ask me why I went into the corn..... twice!* ;D

Now everyone repeat after me "I now hate corn". ;)

Frank

* the big guy probably got me to ditch an airplane there and did not find this Mini-Mustang on the first trip.  So he made me crash a second plane about 20' over.... right next to this little plane.  I finally got the message. :D  Dohh!
The winds were awful today.  Significant wind shear everywhere.  Not a scratch on either crashed airplane (E-Flite Beaver, Siren hotliner).  Both planes literally got sucked down from 20' altitude and pancaked into the tops of the corn.
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

That would likely be Bill's from the morning crew.  He is starting to get a reputation.  Leave the plane where it lands and let someone else bring it back to you.   ;D

Frank v B

Bruce

re: "Leave the plane where it lands and let someone else bring it back to you.   ;D"

...or is it the motto of the morning crew?  Let the young guys get it for us.

It's our job. ;D

Frank

ps: remember this act of stupidity kindness when you receive my application for the Morning Crew.

bweaver

I contacted Bill, it is his.  Apparently he left it in the field about a week ago. (The morning crew doesn't crash - we often land in odd places though.) He thought one of the youngens would have found much faster than the time it has taken.

He appreciates you finding it and returning it.  :-*

I can pick it up for him on Wednesday night if he can't make it out.

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"He appreciates you finding it and returning it.  :-*"

One out of two ain't bad. ;D

re:"(The morning crew doesn't crash - we often land in odd places though.)"

I can just see Dr. John's analysis (planetopsy).  Something like "The morning Crew does not crash.  We have unintended landing events" :D

Frank