EF 1 Pylon Race Orangeville Oct. 1

Started by Polecat, September 18, 2017, 09:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

I am thinking of holding a E F 1 race at Orangeville on Sun. Oct. 1, just wondering how many  Temac guy's can attend.
Hope to here from you all.

Ken

sihinch

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

See you at the race Frank, we have 7 guy's now, so round up some more Temac guy's. Still a couple of Brantford guy's to reply.

Ken

Polecat

We need some more Temac guy's to reply for the race next Sun. at the present we have 8, lets get it up to 10 or 11. I am up at the Soo now, returning on the 28th., the weather is great up here but it looks like it will be cool for the race. Also planning a BBQ, sausages and weiners on a bun, just something simple. This will just cost a small donation to cover the cost.

Ken

Frank v B

Polecat

Quote from: Polecat on September 24, 2017, 07:26:09 PM
We need some more Temac guy's to reply for the race next Sun. at the present we have 8, lets get it up to 10 or 11. I am up at the Soo now, returning on the 28th., the weather is great up here but it looks like it will be cool for the race. Also planning a BBQ, sausages and weiners on a bun, just something simple. This will just cost a small donation to cover the cost.

Ken

Just too busy getting things organized for this race will have to cancel the BBQ.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

Keep it simple.  We will find a way to staff the necessary spots and have fun regardless.

Frank

electroflyer

I'm in! Frank same meeting point at Country style?
Glenn

Andy Hoffer

electroflyer

bweaver

It looked like a wonderful day for racing/flying.  I hope you boys did TEMAC proud.  (Frank, even second last won't be bad)  :D

Frank v B

Bruce and all members:

re:   "I hope you boys did TEMAC proud.  (Frank, even second last won't be bad)  :D"

We had a great time in Orangeville.  11 people raced.  The most ever.  Ken Fluney and his boys were wonderful hosts as well.  A beautiful sunny, little wind, warm day.  Then the carnage racing started.

See Greg's photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JrrXCsnTO5JUCBgh2

In the first race between Mike and Greg Hazelton (no love lost), Greg's plane caught terra firma on takeoff, spun around and broke the nose on his plane.
In the 3rd race, I took off, then accidentally hit the elevator dual rate... to full... and my plane went all over the place.  Throttle back and there was not enough aileron authority,  throttle up and it went all over the sky.  Augered it in at full speed.  The spinner was buried 6" into the soft ground.  Plane absolutely destroyed.  It will not be showing up at the next Repair Class.  The spinner was buried deep but still this side of China.
A few races later I was calling cuts at the number 3 pylon and I ducked when Ken Smith's plane hit the pylon, took a divot out of his wing and fell to the ground in front of me.

The racing was fast and furious.  Michael did great on his EF-1 debut and finished all 4 races.  Glenn, Simon and Mike H. had varying success but at least they kept flying.

Yes Bruce.  I came second last just as you predicted by virtue of the fact that Greg never took off and I completed at least 1 lap.  Not very pretty.

The day of a thousand laughs.... at 150 kmh!

Frank

bweaver

Definitely sounds like a great day had by all...

thehaze

"varying success????"

I'd say coming home from the event with an intact airplane is a TOTAL SUCCESS!

Had a great time, lots of laughs and some spirited competition.
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.