Congratulations Michael Rogozinsky for your apearence in MAAC!

Started by Ededge2002, September 19, 2017, 09:45:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ededge2002

Just a shout out to say I got to say "Hey I know that guy!" To myself reading the recent MAAC mag.  As usual doing his thing and bringing electric flying to the people.

Congrats Michael I guess autograph prices will be climbing!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Michael

Thanks Ed.

As the MAAC deputy zone director, I've been writing the L-zone report for a few issues already, to help our current zone director with his work load.

Michael

bweaver

I read the article last night.  It was great what you did for the children's camp and for introducing children to the hobby.   The new temp law has certainly complicated things.

What I really found interesting however was the 'Beginner' committee article on page 52 of the same magazine.  The article seems to be preaching to the converted members of the hobby who already are members of MAAC. 

This made me question ----  What kind of outreach does MAAC try to do to encourage the general public in this regard?  I just googled 'learn how to fly rc planes' and MAAC didn't come up on the first 5 pages of the search (that's all I looked at)?  The google references were primarily adds, references to UTUBE videos, rc groups etc, yet not MAAC. 

Then I went to the MAAC Web page.  I was very disappointed in what I saw when I searched under the sub heading

"Learn to Fly"

If you would like to learn to fly model aircraft, MAAC can help you out.

MAAC Beginner Committee
    Contact MAAC

I had always thought MAAC had more information on the subject and it would be useful and easy to find.   :-[

Is there something we could do better in this regard as an organization and a club?

sihinch

Great article Michael. And good thoughts Bruce.

We have a very active forum section on learning to fly. I wonder how we could optimize our web presence to appear higher in searches?

Any web geniuses present?