RC Plane found at Applewood Farm Winery near TEMAC Field

Started by Andy Hoffer, October 02, 2017, 08:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

The plane pictured below was found at Applewood Farms near TEMAC.

If this is yours, please contact me and I will provide contact info.

Andy Hoffer

sihinch

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

The Aliens must have been finished studying it and returned it. Fantastic!!! I am so excited!!!
What could possibly go wrong?

piker

Looks like it made a good landing without intervention   ;D

octagon

I am going to go and pick up the plane from the winery this afternoon. I honestly think this is one of the most bazaar, explainable things that has ever happened to me. The fact is the plane was about 299 feet up pointed WNW when I turned my back on it. I had launched from the middle of the runway and turned to go an sit down. That's when things went sideways. I turned back and the plane had vanished. It was a clear day, the motor was powered down, there were only just a few cumulus clouds around with bases probably about 3000 feet. I would have seen it if it had overflown me heading west. I could not believe I could not see it. I thought it must just be there and I was not seeing it, so I gave up elevator and powered up for a few seconds, hoping to see it climbing. Nothing. Gave it full up and full left rudder, hoping to catch sight of it spinning. Nothing. Frantically thinking I wanted the plane to be as close as possible to the field I deployed full spoilers. If you look at the picture you can see they are fully extended. I would say from the time I turned around, till the time I deployed them was no more than 2 minutes. I have flown this plane often and those spoilers make it fall out of the sky. I use only 50% of them when landing. So the question is, how did that plane manage to fly from Rogo to that farm, which is probably a mile away as the crow flies, without the motor on and with the spoilers out, when it was only about 300 feet up? Also it is undamaged.  I keep going over different scenarios and only 2 make sense.
1.)The mother ship picked up my plane when my back was turned and when they were done studying it  they gently put it down in the apple orchard.
2.)When I was a kid I used to watch The Twilight Zone. In one of the episodes, a guy invented a thing that slowed people down. They did not know it but they would start across the street, and when they got to the other side, instead of it taking 20 seconds it had taken 2 hours, only they did not know it until they looked at their watch. Maybe some errant ray from the tower entered my brain and made me think it was 10 seconds but it was really half an hour. Should have checked my watch I guess! 

bfeist

A more boring option 3: it was on the road and someone from the farm threw it in their car and took it to work, then called TEMAC.

Years ago, my 13' Sailaire was once out of sight. Everyone at the field was searching the sky for me for what felt like 5 minutes. Then finally, someone pointed way east on the horizon. There it was. I coaxed it back. Terrifying. I bet it was as far East as that winery. Though, in my case it was at high altitude before I lost track of it.

Ben

octagon

I had not thought of that Ben, and for my sanity I hope you are correct. I plan to pick it up this afternoon, so I will ask as to where it was found.