Fall 2017 Clean Up

Started by gmcnic, October 12, 2017, 03:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

Hello everyone,

Somewhat different from Simon's explanation last evening, I do call it the "Fall Clean Up".  I think it was called "Field Closing" at some point.  But as we all know, there are folks like Andy who just can't stay away from the field despite the month on the calendar.

Anyway, I am currently looking at Saturday 04/Nov to do a little tidying up.  No idea of what the weather will be like so I shall update as we get closer.

It was great seeing so many at the Col's last night and thank you Simon for a very interesting presentation.  My takeaway is to forget all those calculations and just ask Simon what to do.

Cheers,
Graham

Frank v B

Graham,

Will put it in my book.  We'll meet at Tim's beforehand

re your comment: "My takeaway is to forget all those calculations and just ask Simon what to do."
Simon is an engineer.  All you are going to get from him is a bunch of numbers! ;D

Fun meeting.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Frank v B

Trump is 45*, not 42 8)
Oops, sorry.  You were referring to his IQ.  ;D

Frank

*45th pres

ps: just for the fun of it I asked for a dictionary definition of "Moron" to see if Pence was correct:

"a stupid person.
synonyms:   fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod; informalnitwit, halfwit, dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dingbat, dipstick, goober, coot, goon, dumbo, dummy, ditz, dumdum, fathead, numbskull, numbnuts, dunderhead, thickhead, airhead, butthead, flake, lamer, lamebrain, zombie, nerd, peabrain, birdbrain, scissorbill, jughead, mouth-breather, jerk, donkey, twit, goat, dork, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, boob, turkey, schlep, chowderhead, dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, knuckle-dragger, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap, meatball, dumb cluck, took"

It seems like I have been called all those names at some point at the field.  They're taking it out on me! ;D

Michael

Quote from: Frank v B on October 12, 2017, 09:26:36 PM
fool, idiot, ass, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, clod; informalnitwit, halfwit, dope, ninny, nincompoop, chump, dimwit, dingbat, dipstick, goober, coot, goon, dumbo, dummy, ditz, dumdum, fathead, numbskull, numbnuts, dunderhead, thickhead, airhead, butthead, flake, lamer, lamebrain, zombie, nerd, peabrain, birdbrain, scissorbill, jughead, mouth-breather, jerk, donkey, twit, goat, dork, twerp, hoser, schmuck, bozo, boob, turkey, schlep, chowderhead, dumbhead, goofball, goof, goofus, galoot, lummox, knuckle-dragger, klutz, putz, schlemiel, sap, meatball, dumb cluck, took"

... things I call myself after a really bad crash!
Michael

Frank v B

Michael

re: "things I call myself after a really bad crash!"

and me...post Orangeville*. ;D

Frank

* for those who did not hear about my crash at the Orangeville Pylon races where I drilled my Pogo straight into the ground at close to 100 kmh.  Pylon sawdust!... but almost deep enough to strike oil. :D  Missed the core of the earth "by that much".

bweaver

Micheal, I call myself all those things as I see my plane going down... Believe it or not, time slows down for me in these circumstances so that I can get it all in... This is therapeutic.

Then after the crash I can calmly walk to the car, get my recovery bag before taking the long walk of 'shame' to recover what's left.

On the brighter side, as I walk out to the alternative landing site, I always feel better thinking that I may be able to rebuild the downed aircraft.  If not, I can usually end up with pieces I can use in a warwing or other plane.

While tramping blindly through corn, you have a lot of time to think. 

gmcnic

It looks like it will be a glorious day for a few chores tomorrow, so this is the official "go" for the clean up.

As per Frank's message (linked below), everyone is welcome to start off at Tim's.

Garden rakes or similar instruments of manipulation would be good if you have them.
There will be Tim's coffee, hot chocolate (a big hit last year), and donuts as a reward for your efforts.

Dress warmly and see you in the morning.
Graham

http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6381.msg41325.html#msg41325

Frank v B

Had a great time playing in the TEMAC sandbox.  We cleaned up the river, stacked the chairs, de-rutted parts of the driveway and cleared the drainage channels.... then Simon the put the leaf blower to the runway (F-16, probably 6S) ;D.
Bruce did the coffee and donut run.  The children were happy.  In total about 16 showed up.  A few could only manage a few minutes* but they were there helping.

Frank

* example Cadez between diaper changes.  His job was to contain blow-outs.... but couldn't do it from the field. :)

gmcnic

A very big "Thank YOU" to the crew at the field this morning!

I think Frank summarized the morning quite nicely.  A lot of time was put into the drainage channels which had become inundated with grass and bulrushes.  This should help us get onto the field much earlier in the Spring.  For those in the photo along with Rob D and Greg C, thank you so much and you have all earned a "pass" on the winter clean up.  For everyone else, please get your snow shovels ready... ;D

Nice job fellas!
Graham

octagon

It is strange of me perhaps, but I always enjoy the field cleanup days. Lots of laughs with friends and a time to either open or close a place that I have so much fun at. Thanks for whoever left my rake, got it this afternoon.
What could possibly go wrong?