My new EF-1 Pogo ready to go

Started by Frank v B, October 20, 2017, 08:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Just completed my brand new Pogo EF-1 pylon racer to replace the one that drilled itself 8" into the soft earth in Orangeville 3 weeks ago.

Big change!  I have switched to 2.4 gig.  My last Pogo was on 72 meg.  It was always awkward spinning around and not poking my opponent or my caller with the TX antenna.

Ken Fluney and the boys will be shaking in their boots.  I should be able to come 3rd last in the next set of races.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

thehaze

Where did you find a new Pogo? I thought they were long gone.

Oh PS, the NMPRA rules disqualified the pogo years ago unless you add some wing tip extensions. So without them, any race I have against you will be under protest.. :)

Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Frank v B

Mike,

Have had the Pogo for 3 years (NIB, never opened) ever since GreatHobbies was clearing the kit for $99.00.  Bought it for spare parts.  Now that I totalled the old one it is a complete spare plane.

Protest me all you want.  I will add pretend wingtip extensions just to pretend to keep you happy. ;)

your friendly competitor,

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on October 20, 2017, 08:52:44 PM
Just completed my brand new Pogo EF-1 pylon racer to replace the one that drilled itself 8" into the soft earth in Orangeville 3 weeks ago.

Big change!  I have switched to 2.4 gig.  My last Pogo was on 72 meg.  It was always awkward spinning around and not poking my opponent or my caller with the TX antenna.

Ken Fluney and the boys will be shaking in their boots.  I should be able to come 3rd last in the next set of races.

Frank

Frank we are shaking already!!!lol
Don't worry about adding the plastic tips to get the approved wing area, all pylon racers cheat a little.

Ken