Nov 22 next Build class

Started by Frank v B, November 12, 2017, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

This get together should be a blast:

1) Frankenplane contest- bring your orphaned fuses, wings, stabs and other feathers.  Please do not judge whether they are of use.  Guaranteed there will be a mind sicker than yours at this meeting who can concoct something with your space junk.

We will make up teams, arm people with spare parts and let their minds and abilities go to work.

Bruce will continue to prove he is of questionable mind when he shows us the progress on his "Three wings flying in formation"

2) Piker will continue his Tricks with Balsa Sticks.  Rob will continue building his Sig Cougar.  This is the only time he gets to build model airplanes since he has to finish his house first.

3) Chica Build:  I will start building the Chica for scratch (plans, no parts), a 34" span shoulder wing aerobatic model designed by Ton van Munsteren as published in RCM&E magazine in May this year.  I have cut out the rib templates and made the rib blanks.  I will be redesigning the wing so it is easier to build without the need for specialized saws.  I will explain.
At this class I will be making all 22 ribs in one shot, drawing the new wing plans and starting the wing build.  After this meeting the next person can use the rib templates.

4) Bring in your own projects, no matter what kind or what stage it is at.  We will help show you the way to the finish line.  We will answer your question and/or assign a mentor to get all your questions answered.  If you need help with covering an airplane, there will be equipment there (iron, heat gun, covering materials) to help you.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

This Build class is this coming Wednesday (Nov 22) at Col. Mustards:

- bring your build or repair projects.  We will help you get to the finish line.
- bring your questions.  We will get you answers
- bring your appetite.  Satisfy it over dinner.
- bring your FrankenBuild plane parts... fuses, tail sections, wings.  We will form teams if required.
- bring a sense of humour.  A build class without insults is boring. ;D 

On any of your Build Class projects please, please, please ask me for free parts* such as:
- standard size servos.  note: Warwing participants later on will receive free servos.
- wheels.  I have about 100 pairs up to about 2.5"
- control horns (have 200), servo horns (have 500, all makes)
- aileron extensions, y connectors, etc.
- balsa strips, hardwood for firewalls, etc.
- coloured covering for trim work.  I have about 30 rolls plus bits and pieces.
- carbon tow for re-inforcement.
- some power systems, especially for smaller projects.

See you Wednesday.

Frank

* many people give me stuff to pass on to deserving members.  People like John Kusturin, Keith Barrow and Bert Dunk  If I receive it "free", I pass it on "free".
"Never trade luck for skill"