TEMAC Board Elections December 6th 2017

Started by sihinch, November 18, 2017, 02:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

As those of you who were at the last Pilot's Meeting know, TEMAC Board elections are due in December this year.
Elections are due every 2 years.

The TEMAC By-Laws state that our Board is made up of 4 elected members, whose role it is to ensure our club remains safe, financially healthy, inclusive and continues to give you, the membership, what you want.  Once the Board is elected, the Directors decide who does which role and divide the task requirements amongst us.

All of your current Board members are willing to stand again, for another 2 year term.  But none of us assume the right to be on the Board.  If you think it's time for a change, or would like to volunteer to help lead TEMAC for a time, you would be welcome to stand.

- Andy is our Membership Secretary and Treasurer (Director.)  He takes money, gives out membership cards, does the budget and tells us what we can spend!

- Graham is our Director of Administration and the Vice President.  He looks after Safety, the field condition and maintenance and the CFI & Instruction program.

- Greg is the Events Director.  He organises the calendar, plans the Summer and Winter events, organises volunteers and executes the events.

- I am the President (and I don't really know what I do!) I produce the Tickler now, I have the tie-breaking vote and joke about a lot.

- Michael Rogozinsky is an invited advisor to the Board.

As a Board, we meet once or twice a year, usually just after the end of the flying season (to review what worked and what didn't) and in the spring (to finalise plans for field maintenance and flying events for the upcoming year.)  Sometimes we have special meetings –but in 2017 we didn't need any.  Most business is done via email and other than that we all just try to support the flying and planned club events.  We try to operate as a Board by the motto of the club and have fun whilst we do business.

If you feel perhaps that it is time for a change, please see an existing Board member before the AGM on December 6th to submit your candidacy.

Cheers,
Simon

Frank v B

Hers's my take on this post:

The current executive has done a great job and the Club is safe and fun in all aspects.

re: Simon's comments on the individual people:
Andy- you forgot that he gives me a hard time to keep me in line.
Graham- we all need to kiss his feet (muddy boots).  The field is always in great shape.  This boy takes his assignment seriously.
Greg- The events were great this year. Greg will always be Greg, balancing family life, work and model airplanes as best he, or anyone, can. 
Simon- re:"(and I don't really know what I do!)" . Please don't figure it out because you will screw it up. ;D Just keep going!
Michael- you can't find a more passionate and dedicated modeller.  There's a reason the field is called "Rogo Field" and not HinchField, HofferField, HazeField or McField. :)

It is tough balancing fun with personal responsibilities like family and work as both Greg and Simon found out this year.  If any of you guys on the executive are overloaded, just delegate the hell out of the work and spread it around.  Give us a chance to screw something up.  We will even take the blame!! :D

"Thank You" to this year's executive.  It has been a fun year. 
Jack would approve!

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?