Warwing Combat Build Season Is Upon Us (ORDER NOW)

Started by bweaver, November 21, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Bruce:

re: "....you will get some help to finish it."

The problem is not "finishing".  The problem is "starting".  I can't finish what I have not started.

Every journey starts with a single step.  Have not made that first step yet. ;D

Now Andy will pipe up and say something like:   re: "First Step"- one foot in front of the other you idiot" ;)

Frank

ps: Bruce... the original quote by George Bernard Shaw was "He who can, does.  He who can't, teaches"     Thanks Teach! :D
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on December 20, 2017, 03:58:39 PM
Bruce:

re: "....you will get some help to finish it."

The problem is not "finishing".  The problem is "starting".  I can't finish what I have not started.

Every journey starts with a single step.  Have not made that first step yet. ;D

Now Andy will pipe up and say something like:   re: "First Step"- one foot in front of the other you idiot" ;)

Frank

ps: Bruce... the original quote by George Bernard Shaw was "He who can, does.  He who can't, teaches"     Thanks Teach! :D

I would never call Frank an idiot.  Other things maybe, but never an idiot!   8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on December 18, 2017, 08:22:33 PM
Hey Andy,

re: Bruce's "(any ******* can do it)"

Bruce says that even you can do it.! :D

Frank

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie ...

"Andy" has only 4 letters;  ******* has 7.  Clearly Bruce is talking about someone else, perhaps "Frank VB, which has 7.  8)

Andy

bweaver

Quote from: bweaver on December 20, 2017, 09:00:03 AM
Frank, as they say- "Those that can, do.   Those that can't..... "

Clearly I was quoting 'they'  - Who is George Bernard Shaw and what does he have to do with the price of soda?

(EDIT ADD)  Come to think of it now, George was taking it too personally while 'they' was more of a generic response.

bweaver

JUST A REMINDER FOR THOSE PARTICIPATING IN THE WARWING BUILD ON JANUARY 24TH

Here is what we have to do for and at the January build session.

To complete the Warwing you will require:

•Bring your transmitter and a 1800 – 2200 3 cell battery  for testing.
•Bring 3 or 4 clamps for clamping plywood to fuselage.
•Bring 5 minute or 15-minute epoxy,  (if 15 minute epoxy is selected, also bring your patience) –
•Bring paraphernalia for mixing and applying epoxy (Also bring waxed paper or something similar to prevent glue getting on tables)
•Bring a knife suitable for cutting out servo holes in wing and trimming foam.
• Bring electric motor and ESC, mounting screws, nuts and bolts, blind nuts – your choice, (examples of a suitable electric motor include - Rimfire .10, Turnigy G10, alternatively any brushless motor and ESC from a foamy aircraft, such as a Parkzone, Eflite, Durafly, FMS, or similar 1100 to 1200 mm wingspan aircraft)
•Bring 2 servos and mounting screws or alternative glue for securing servos to wing.
•Bring 2 pushrods and linkages for servo to elevon connections. (2 plywood control horns are provided as part of kit)
•Bring a receiver and 2 sided tape for securing same
•A battery is necessary for finding balance point and battery placement (typically 3 cell 1800 to 2200 mah is used)
•You may also require servo wire extensions, but they aren't necessary until making the Warwing ready to fly.

Building Instructions 

1.   Protect the table you are working on from exposure to epoxy, by using waxed paper, newspaper etc. at wing hole locations etc.
2.   Test fit the upper fuselage to wing.  Ensure the fuselage fits flat on the wing. Mix epoxy and secure the fuselage to the wing., Let cure/dry.
3.   Epoxy the plywood reinforcing to one side of the fuselage.  Secure with clamps. Let cure/dry
4.   Epoxy 2 pieces of triangular stock at front of fuselage.  The black ink mark on the triangular pieces faces forward.  The ends without ink marks face the rear of the fuselage.
5.   Cut/slice elevons for inserting control horns.  Epoxy the control horns with the pushrod hole situated over the hinge line.
6.   Mark and cut out the servo locations in the wing for servo installations.
7.   Some may wish to use the plywood pieces for mounting the servos with screws.  In this instance epoxy the plywood mounts.
8.   Do not permanently install the servos YET.
9.   Epoxy the bottom fuselage skid to the underside of the wing.  Ensure it is straight and in line with the top fuselage.
10.   Epoxy the two triangular motor mount pieces to the bottom wing and fuselage skid.  The black ink mark on the triangular pieces faces forward. Let cure/dry.
11.   Epoxy the plywood motor mount to the triangular stock and foam. Let cure/dry.
12.   Install motor and ESC.
13.   Temporarily place receiver and connect ESC and servos.  Test location of battery to ensure the plane balances 16 inches from the trailing REAR edge of the wing. 
14.   Once the locations of the electronics have been determined, install Velcro to secure battery.  Permanently install receiver with double sided tape.
15.   Connect pushrods to the temporarily installed servos.  Test elevons for functionality before permanently installing servos.  Once elevons are working correctly permanently install the servos.
16.   Paint the Warwing to suit your tastes.  (Large colourful target rings are suitable and I find them desirable.)
17.   Install a zip tie at rear of fuselage for ribbon attachment.

GET READY TO BUILD A WARWING
[/quote]

BJROB

Hey Bruce
Wow, Thank You for all the work that you did to make this class go so amassing.
Bruce you took out the intimidating factors of the build.
The kits that you made up went together so easily.  Almost by them self's
The instructions were easy to follow. The parts list well thought out.
The room had the smell of 5 min. epoxy wafting, laughter could be heard.
Smiles could be seen all over.
It was a great time.

Thanks again Bruce
you so out did your self.

P.S. For those members that don't have one of these easy flying machines you need one in your hanger, check out Bruce's plane with floats.... it still flies  :o 

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: BJROB on January 25, 2018, 07:41:24 AM

P.S. For those members that don't have one of these easy flying machines you need one in your hanger, check out Bruce's plane with floats.... it still flies  :o

Just know that it has a propensity to fly inverted with floats!!  8)

Andy

piker

Cool!  I look forward to seeing how it works from water.  As you say, Bruce, should be fine.

Andy Hoffer

And the whole thing will float, with or without the floats!!   8)

Andy