Warwing Combat Build Season Is Upon Us (ORDER NOW)

Started by bweaver, November 21, 2017, 10:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Frank V has advised me that the clementines have started to arrive. 

Please note that each purchase of specially selected imported clementines comes with 2 Warwing motor mounts and reinforcing kits. Believe it...

If you are a shrewd shopper (cheap) you can even ask the grocer for the box(s) without buying the clementines. (Many customers fail to appreciate the value of the clementine container,  preferring to take their clementines home in a bag as opposed to the box.)

So here's the thing...  Help me by collecting your own clementine motor mount and reinforcing kits.  Bring them to tomorrow night's build session or next months pilots meeting.  Give them to me and the magic will begin.  If you can't do this, don't worry.

I hereby notify those who are interested, that I am taking orders now for the blue foam Warwing Kits, similar to those offered last year, but with some enhancements.

Kits will cost $10 each. (Maximum of two kits per person)  They will be delivered only to TEMAC members at the January build meeting. That's when I will recover my costs and everyone can start building their Warwing(s) that evening and completing them at the following February build meeting.    (More details to come)

In order to qualify, post your desired participation by replying to this topic. (Do you want 1 or 2 kits)

Thank you to those members of TEMAC who sacrificed participated last year.  Especially to those who built them and challenged myself and others to the fun of flying combat.

New Targets desired this coming 2018.  ;)

mawz

sihinch

octagon

I'd like one Bruce. I have a box of clementines in the fridge just now, I will bring it over when it is empty.
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

Simon, you must understand, I am the only one with 'Revenge' and it has your name on it....!   >:( ;D >:( ;D >:( ;D

Frank v B

Bruce,

I now have 3 clementine boxes.  Will bring them to the build class.
Bruce, did you notice Simon's "2 kits for me please - Bruce!".  I guess he wants to have 2 more fights flights with you. ;D

Surely Piker can use a kit but please write on the invoice "Insulation kit" so he can get it past Tara and write it off as well. :D

I have a kit and will bring it to the January build class so the master can show me how to build it.

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

gmcnic

It looked like too much fun this year.
Please add 1 kit for me, Bruce.

Graham

bweaver

Frank Re - "Surely Piker can use a kit but please write on the invoice "Insulation kit" so he can get it past Tara and write it off as well".

You are getting older than I thought and your memory is fading.  Piker already has two partially constructed kits.  He just needs Tara to allow him the time to finish his work room and get back to them.  Maybe he will bring them to the January February build evenings and finish them then.

Graham Re - "Please add 1 kit for me,"

As a newbie are you sure you don't want two?

Adam Re - "I'm in"

How far "in" are you?

Rob (Octagon) You are a bugger for punishment aren't you?

piker

That's right!  I still have two War Wing "building projects" from last year.  I'll bringem' in in January.   

mawz

gmcnic

QuoteGraham Re - "Please add 1 kit for me,"

As a newbie are you sure you don't want two?

Thanks for the offer, Bruce.  But I find I can only manage 1 plane at a time. :)

Graham

Gregor77

I still have two from the last year. So I am good. Unless you guys take me out again. Lol, actually. Maybe I should order two. They are fun to build. Please!

bweaver

Last call for orders of the Warwing kit (December 10/17)

If you or any of your TEMAC friends require one or two kits, you must order now.  (Tell your TREMAC friends if they aren't aware of the deadline.)

This year's Warwing Kits are significantly enhanced in order to facilitate ease of the aircraft's construction.  There should be no excuses for failure to complete the Warwing's construction during the January and February build classes.

For example, the enhanced kit includes:
- three 1/2 inch blue foam board fuselage and wing pieces (cut and ready for gluing together)
- the wing is prefabricated (one piece) and reinforced with fibreglass tape as necessary
- elevons are pre-installed with double sided taped hinges
- a 2 inch by 2 inch 1/8 quality plywood motor mount
- sufficient velcro for securing your battery to the aircraft
- plywood pieces for servo screw mounts (should you desire this method of securing servos)
- plywood control horns for elevons
- zip ties for securing your ESC and combat ribbon
- fuselage reinforcing plywood (Moroccan quality only)
- 4 pieces of triangular stock for firewall mounting/securing to aircraft  (Moroccan quality only)

PLEASE NOTE: Frank v B. has kindly offered to provide a number of servos for those people who may not have their own. (Frank will have more details later)

To complete the Warwing you will require:
•   5 minute or 15-minute epoxy,  (if 15 minute epoxy is selected, also bring your patience) – also bring paraphernalia for mixing and applying epoxy (waxed paper or something similar to prevent glue getting on tables)
•  hobby knife for fine trimming of foam
•   electric motor and ESC, mounting screws, nuts and bolts, blind nuts – your choice,
(examples of electric motor include - Rimfire .10, Turnigy G10, alternatively any brushless motor and ESC from a foamy aircraft, such as a Parkzone, Eflite, Durafly, FMS, or similar 1100 to 1200 mm wingspan aircraft)
•   2 servos and mounting screws or alternatively glue the servos to the wing if preferred
•   2 pushrods and linkages for servo to elevon connections.
•   receiver and 2 sided tape for securing same
•   flight battery is necessary for finding balance point and battery placement (typically 3 cell 1800 to 2200 mah is used)
•   you also may require servo extensions, but they aren't necessary until making the plane ready to fly.

BJROB

HI Bruce
I almost forgot to put my order in
I need to replace on of my wings,
so I'll take one please

This war wing stuff is so much fun....
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

electroflyer

Hello Bruce,

Please put me down for two.

Thanks