2017-17 TEMAC Tickler, Holiday Party

Started by sihinch, November 25, 2017, 12:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

It's nearly time folks!  Less than 2 weeks now to the winter social event of the year!

Our AGM!

And Holiday party.  This year we will have 3 entertaining events to balance the boredom and drudgery of the AGM;

- Music from Maynard Hill who will be performing this year with a very special guest.  And of course they will be planning for you all to join in too.
- Back by popular demand will be the "Secret Santa" gift exchange.  Please bring a wrapped, RC related gift, either from around your workshop or something new if you feel generous.  We're giving no other guidelines or restrictions other than to ask please - no junk!  Please, this year, write your name inside the wrapping so that the recipient can say thank-you afterwards.  No names on the outside of the gift, please.
- Finally, our Annual slide show, chronicling the shenanigans from 2017.

As usual, the Party will be at Colonel Mustard's, 6545 Hwy 7 in Markham.  We will eat in the bar before heading downstairs for the fun to start at 7:30pm.  Wednesday 6th December.

If you would like to bring a friend, loved one or partner, please feel free to do so.  Although I will not be held responsible if they find it boring as heck!  :D

Hope to see lots of your there.
Simon

Frank v B

re: comment on the Tickler" "not sure Vadim knows what he is doing".

"Knowledge" or "knowing" was never a requirement to participate in the Frankenbuild contest, otherwise some of us would be excluded as well. ;D ;D.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

I'm really looking forward to the Dec. meeting, especially Simon's slideshow!
Michael

Frank v B

Just talked to EdEdge today.  He has confirmed he will be attending our Christmas party.  Now if we can only convince Ben Feist to show up we will be re-uniting the Kilowatt Brothers.  They each fly planes in the 2,000-4,000 watt range.  The "blink and they're gone" planes.  8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Thanks to Maynard Hill, Simon, Michael and Andy for the entertainment and to the organization of last night's AGM and party.  I had a great deal of fun.

I would also like to thank the TEMAC BODs for their continued efforts/work in making this one of the most enjoyable organizations to be a part of. 

I look forward to next years flying season by starting with the indoor flying event in a few weeks and the New Year Frozen Finger Fly. 

All the best to everyone during the holiday season and coming year. 

Michael

Michael