Flying Sunday Dec. 3, ???

Started by Michael, December 02, 2017, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Cool but mainly sunny and only 10km winds.

Anyone interested?

Michael

bweaver

I'm interested.  What time are you planning are going out and are you bringing a warwing?  I could go out any time.

Michael

Late morning, early or mid afternoon, I'm flexible.

Yes, to Warwing.
Michael

bweaver

How about from 11 on.  I'll be out around 11.  See you then.

Michael

11 is good; I'll charge later tonight and early in the morning.

Is the corn gone?
Michael

Michael

Right now it's wet and foggy outside.

My batteries are charging, and I still intend to go fly, assuming it clears and dries up. I'll post again at about 10 am.
Michael

bweaver

I'm all set to go.  If the fog is still hanging on, we can set the time back for later.  At least the winds are calm...

Michael

I'll go up around 11. I hope the weather is good enough for at least a few fun flights.
Michael

bweaver

Michael

We got there at 11, and flew for 2 hours. It was cool and damp at first, but wind was almost zero.
The weather slowly improved, with the sun finally shining and the sky blue.

Bruce had 9 flights; I had 8. We each flew our own sport planes, and we practiced our Warwing flying too (I cut his ribbon!).
Bruce practiced aerobatics and I did a lot of low flying, now that the corn was gone.

Loy showed up as we were leaving.

Michael

sihinch

Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like you had a great time.

octagon

I got there about 2 or so. There were about 6 of us by then and we all flew. By about 3;30 it had clouded over and there was a moderate cool wind, but right down the runway so no problem. I was starting to struggle with orientation so I called it a day. Still, nice to be able to fly in December and nicer to not have to worry about the corn!
What could possibly go wrong?