Morning Crew application form

Started by Frank v B, October 17, 2017, 10:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyC

I vote we let Rob join.  Being an optician, he can help adjust our glasses at the field so we can see where the lost planes go.

Andy

bweaver

Come on guys, let's not be too quick to accept Rob into the fold just because he has a greater/higher crash rate than any of us.  (Well, come to think of it, it might feel nice for a change.)

Further, RE   1 - (You can have assistance in answering this first question)My name is... Rob, but my wife often calls me different things than that.
This I do believe.  I live at least two blocks away from your home and I have heard your lovely wife call you in a number of ways.  I won't embarrass you by repeating what she calls you here.

RE   3 - I can fly... Ok, but I get a lot of practice repairing my models 
Rob if you are successful, you are going to appreciate your afternoons for accommodating this activity.  Many of us will expect a man with your experience will be more than happy to share your knowledge of model aircraft recovery and reconstruction. This leads to...

RE   4 - (You are applying to join the MORNING CREW for a reason.) I routinely... Need help finding my lost planes, and also need someone I can trust to look after the stuff I forget at Rogo when I leave.
NOTE TO ANDY - Why would you expect Rob who admittedly loses and crashes planes at the rate in which he does to be called upon to adjust your eye wear, to improve your ability to fly?  Oh yeh, it is Andy making this comment... perhaps anything may help you. But Andy at least think about the source...
Further, Rob when you misplace something at the field in the morning 'trust' has nothing to do with it.  Just make sure your home insurance has coverage for such losses.  Otherwise you might find what ever you have lost at the next 'swap meet'.

RE   6 - (Complete the following statement honestly based upon your knowledge of the morning crew) I get the urge to... Go to the bathroom more often.

Rob have you ever been in portable toilet when it has been tipped over?

Frank v B

Bruce and the Morning Crew,

Respectfully,  why are you so tough on Rob's application?  In fact, you have not made a decision.

1) The Morning Crew needs to let younger people in.  Five years from now, who else is going to put the metal ramps up to your cars so you can get your wheelchairs out of the back? ;D

2) If Graham does not pave the grounds from the parking lot to the make-up tables and then to the pilot station, who is going to push your wheelchair to the flight station? :)

3) Why be so tough on the proper dress code. Rob and I buy our clothes at Goodwill.  By definition we will always be at least one fashion trend behind the rest of the world.  We are not cheap, we are incredibly frugal.

4) I am sure Rob and the new applicants like me will bring a box of 40 garbage bags so all existing Morning Crew members can carry their planes home.  We want to be helpful since flying does not appear to improve with age. ;D

5) Why are you so critical of what our wives call us?  What we are called is unprintable.  Why do you think we want to go flying.  It is the same reason Kate kicks you out of the house so she can relax and get stuff done. ;)

6) The nasty question about "I get the urge to go to the bathroom more often".  It all Depends.* :D

Rob will be a great new member of the Morning Crew.

Frank

* I am sure he'll bring extras for you.
"Never trade luck for skill"