2018 Membership Dues

Started by Andy Hoffer, December 05, 2017, 12:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

For your convenience I will be available to take your 2018 TEMAC membership dues ($80 renewals; $110 new members) at the AGM on Wednesday, December 6.  With luck, I will be able to provide your 2018 TEMAC membership cards at the same time!  When you pay your TEMAC dues please let me know whether your MAAC dues are paid up for 2018.

Please note that if you wish to participate in the TEMAC New Year's Day fun fly you will need to ensure that your 2018 MAAC dues are paid up.  Note that MAAC memberships expire at the end of the last paid-up calendar year.  Bathing suits for the New Year's Day fun fly are strongly encouraged if you want to be as "cool" as Frank VB and I. 8)

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer and Membership Director, TEMAC

KennyMcD

Andy: My son and I bought my grandson an awesome electric plane for Christmas. Newbies - yup. The three of us would like to join up and get lessons and started asap. Where do we start?

Ken

bweaver

Hi Ken,

I'm Bruce, the club's chief instructor. (Just starting in the role this year, however I have been an instructor for a number of years.)

You, your son and grandson can join the club by following the instructions provided at the TEMAC web site http://temac.ca/?page_id=5.
As noted your grandson can likely join the club free as a junior member, provided an adult joins as well.

Everyone that is a flying member of the club also has to be a member of MAAC (Model Aeronautics Association of Canada).  You can join the organization by going to the following link.
https://secure.maac.ca/members/en/join.php 
As indicated junior MAAC membership fees are significantly less than that for adults.

TEMAC will be starting it's weekly Wednesday evening free instruction classes in the spring.  Last year classes started early in May and continued into September.  Classes will likely be held for the same duration this coming year. 

You and your relatives are embarking into a great hobby.  Please review the TEMAC website information about flight instruction, getting started, club rules and other club posts, so that you can get a feel as to what TEMAC is and information about its members.

I look forward to you and your family joining TEMAC and taking on the opportunity to obtain your wings. 

Should you have any questions feel free to post them on the forum, or you can send me a personal message.

Thanks
Bruce Weaver

Canuke

I just realised that I had an old (non working) email address on this site as well as MAAC. I just updated both and paid the MAAC renewal for next year. I haven't paid TEMAC yet. Short term memory loss. I'm not sure if I will be out tomorrow (-20?). if I do come can I bring a cheque or is cash required or can I pay here by credit card?

Andy Hoffer

Hi Jim (@Canuke):

You can pay by cash or cheque tomorrow at the field.  I will be there savouring the magnificent bona fide winter weather we have craved for so long!  I can also accept interac e-transfer (see Personal Message sent separately.)

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

For your convenience I will be available to take your 2018 TEMAC membership dues ($80 renewals; $110 new members) at the Pilots Meeting on Wednesday, January 10.  I will be able to provide your 2018 TEMAC membership cards at the same time!  When you pay your TEMAC dues please let me know whether your MAAC dues are paid up for 2018.

I'm sure many of you are really hungry to get and enjoy winter flying at TEMAC.  The snow has been fabulous, and there is no charge for the exercise you'll get walking in from the highway!!  All you have to do is ensure that your 2018 TEMAC and MAAC dues are paid up, charge your batteries, put on your skis or floats, and fly!  (Note that MAAC memberships expire at the end of the last paid-up calendar year.) 

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer and Membership Director, TEMAC