• October 17, 2018, 05:07:46 am
• Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

!!

TEMAC Forum Guests

Please take the time to Register for the forum, especially if you are a TEMAC club member.

This is one of the most active RC club forums in Ontario. Please participate in the discussion to help our great club to continue to grow.

Author Topic: TEMAC Indoor Funfly - Dec 26, 2017, 6pm to 10pm  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Andy Hoffer

• TEMAC Treasurer
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
Re: TEMAC Indoor Funfly - Dec 26, 2017, 6pm to 10pm
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 12:38:50 am »
Donation of prizes.  It is up to Michael to either auction them off or set up a raffle at the Dome Fly.  Photos below.

1) OS motor OMA 3820 1200- a 600 watt system (3-4S)  Suggested retail price $145.00
2) E-Flite 450 890 kv in a box.  Retails for $62.00
3) Three powerful servos: A set of 3 standard size but powerful BB metal gear servos Airtronics 94851 161 0z/inch (4 x a standard servo!)
4) A set of DuBro snow skis for a .25-.40 size plane 9.5" long, 2.5" wide.  Andy's lecture on snow skis and asparagus rubber bands is free! ;D
5) Prop Balancer: Top Flite Power Point Precision magnetic prop balancer.  I have one of these and they are phenomenally accurate.

photos below:

You can tell Frank is totally conditioned to expect a response from yours truly!  He always offers the most tempting and flavourful bait!!

Here are a couple of my asparagus bungee set ups.  I prefer this to the torsion springs provided by DuBro (although I don't see the springs in Michael's photo).

Andy

Offline octagon

• Captain
  • TEMAC #: 226
  • Started Flying RC: 1974
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2017, 09:41:34 am »
I'm going to bring this new E-Flite twin Aero Commander, among other planes.

Anybody else planning to go?

I am bringing the same plane as Michael, the Aero Commander, and my little Pitts (hope Simon doesn't destroy this one with his quad).
What could possibly go wrong?

Offline bweaver

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 169
  • Started Flying RC: 1979
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2017, 10:44:01 am »
I'm still packing.  Making my indoor trip a little easier with fewer trips to the car... See you there.  ;D

Offline Crash

• Airman
  • From trains to boats to planes....
  • TEMAC #: 57
  • Started Flying RC: 2000
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2017, 08:40:09 pm »
I am coming too! :)
regards

Mikey B

Offline Gregor77

• Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • TEMAC #: 82777
  • Started Flying RC: 2009
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2017, 07:32:02 am »
Can we bring an Rc car?  I would like to film some of the carnage. But not stand right under it. The car will allow me to follow the planes. Cars use 2.4 and will not interfer with any aircraft.

Offline Richard_RC_Guy

• Pilot
  • TEMAC #: 295
  • Started Flying RC: 2013
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2017, 09:01:28 am »
Is it a flying car?? 😄

Offline Frank v B

• Ace
  • TEMAC - Assistant to the Assistant Greeter.
  • TEMAC #: 141
  • Started Flying RC: 1989
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2017, 09:49:17 am »
Greg,

Just tape some small paper wings on it and tell everyone you are doing taxi tests... or flying a really low pattern.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Offline Michael

• TEMAC Advisor to the Board, 2017 Chief Flight Instructor
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • MAAC Deputy Zone Director
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 12:02:13 pm »
Can we bring an Rc car?  I would like to film some of the carnage. But not stand right under it. The car will allow me to follow the planes. Cars use 2.4 and will not interfer with any aircraft.

If the idea is to film the planes, then yes. No problem.

However, if it causes problems for the pilots, use reasonable judgement whether to continue or not.
Michael

Offline Gregor77

• Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • TEMAC #: 82777
  • Started Flying RC: 2009
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2017, 12:43:40 pm »
Great!!!

Offline mawz

• Airman
  • Started Flying RC: 2015
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2017, 02:33:23 pm »
I'm just deciding how many gliders to bring....

Offline Oscar

• Ace
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2017, 11:27:35 pm »
It is a great event.  Thank you TEMAC for organizing it. 

I enjoy it very much!!  I do hope we can do this again in the near future. 
 :D

Offline Andy Hoffer

• TEMAC Treasurer
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2017, 05:50:29 am »
By all accounts, this was a great indoor event, especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course.  Michael, thank you  so much for organizing this!  It was a photographer's paradise!  You can see our first installment of images in the Photo Gallery here (http://temac.ca/?p=14510).  I will post more images as folks submit them.  I know Greg took some great stuff with his new "Santa cam"!! 8)  And Glenn was also enjoying the photographers' buffet.  Enjoy!

Hope to see you at the Deep Freeze Fun Fly on Jan 1!

Andy

Offline bweaver

• Ace
  • TEMAC #: 169
  • Started Flying RC: 1979
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2017, 09:08:29 am »
Yes, I have to agree it was a great evening of indoor fun, both flying and otherwise.  Otherwise means; it was a great evening of comradery too. (Clarification is for Frank's sake.)

I was so happy to see that Andy got up in time to make it and bring his camera. Nothing like trying fly and being periodically blinded by the flash of a camera.  I was also impressed that Andy put some of his pictures taken of the event on the forum before going to bed today.  Sleep tight Andy.

Further Andy - RE "especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course".  Look on the bright side, it wasn't corn. For that matter, you don't need a flag and phone to go and retrieve your aircraft.  Some like Richard only needed a ladder and long stick.  (BJ you missed it.  The only plane to hang off the center vertical wire award goes to Richard. Something like the skill it takes to hang a plane off of a wind sock, right BJ.)   

For those that didn't make it out for the experience, don't be frightened of the wires.  I only grazed the wires three times and one midair with Greg's quad. He shouldn't have parked it there. All aircraft survived. 

Thanks again Micheal.  So nice to see so many out.

Always a good time to enjoy my hobby when it comes to TEMAC.

Offline Michael

• TEMAC Advisor to the Board, 2017 Chief Flight Instructor
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
  • MAAC Deputy Zone Director
    • http://www.temac.ca
  • TEMAC #: 1
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2017, 10:28:29 am »
It was great! I flew a lot!
Michael

Offline Andy Hoffer

• TEMAC Treasurer
  • Global Moderator
  • Ace
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2017, 11:18:18 am »
Yes, I have to agree it was a great evening of indoor fun, both flying and otherwise.  Otherwise means; it was a great evening of comradery too. (Clarification is for Frank's sake.)

I was so happy to see that Andy got up in time to make it and bring his camera. Nothing like trying fly and being periodically blinded by the flash of a camera.  I was also impressed that Andy put some of his pictures taken of the event on the forum before going to bed today.  Sleep tight Andy.

Further Andy - RE "especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course".  Look on the bright side, it wasn't corn. For that matter, you don't need a flag and phone to go and retrieve your aircraft.  Some like Richard only needed a ladder and long stick.  (BJ you missed it.  The only plane to hang off the center vertical wire award goes to Richard.[/u] Something like the skill it takes to hang a plane off of a wind sock, right BJ.)   

For those that didn't make it out for the experience, don't be frightened of the wires.  I only grazed the wires three times and one midair with Greg's quad. He shouldn't have parked it there. All aircraft survived. 

Thanks again Micheal.  So nice to see so many out.

Always a good time to enjoy my hobby when it comes to TEMAC.

You have to be in awe of the incredible skill it takes to pull off a spot landing like that, right in the geometric centre of the dome.  A perfect bull's eye in three dimensions!! Most of us can only dream of being able to achieve such incredible feats of flying. 8)

Andy