TEMAC Indoor Funfly - Dec 26, 2017, 6pm to 10pm

Started by Michael, December 07, 2017, 03:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

octagon

Quote from: Michael on December 15, 2017, 04:20:27 PM
I'm going to bring this new E-Flite twin Aero Commander, among other planes.

Anybody else planning to go?

I am bringing the same plane as Michael, the Aero Commander, and my little Pitts (hope Simon doesn't destroy this one with his quad).
What could possibly go wrong?

bweaver

I'm still packing.  Making my indoor trip a little easier with fewer trips to the car... See you there.  ;D

Crash

Gregor77

Can we bring an Rc car?  I would like to film some of the carnage. But not stand right under it. The car will allow me to follow the planes. Cars use 2.4 and will not interfer with any aircraft.

Frank v B

Greg,

Just tape some small paper wings on it and tell everyone you are doing taxi tests... or flying a really low pattern.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

Quote from: Gregor77 on December 26, 2017, 07:32:02 AM
Can we bring an Rc car?  I would like to film some of the carnage. But not stand right under it. The car will allow me to follow the planes. Cars use 2.4 and will not interfer with any aircraft.

If the idea is to film the planes, then yes. No problem.

However, if it causes problems for the pilots, use reasonable judgement whether to continue or not.
Michael

Gregor77

mawz

I'm just deciding how many gliders to bring....

Oscar

It is a great event.  Thank you TEMAC for organizing it. 

I enjoy it very much!!  I do hope we can do this again in the near future. 
:D

Andy Hoffer

By all accounts, this was a great indoor event, especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course.  Michael, thank you  so much for organizing this!  It was a photographer's paradise!  You can see our first installment of images in the Photo Gallery here (http://temac.ca/?p=14510).  I will post more images as folks submit them.  I know Greg took some great stuff with his new "Santa cam"!! 8)  And Glenn was also enjoying the photographers' buffet.  Enjoy!

Hope to see you at the Deep Freeze Fun Fly on Jan 1!

Andy

bweaver

Yes, I have to agree it was a great evening of indoor fun, both flying and otherwise.  Otherwise means; it was a great evening of comradery too. (Clarification is for Frank's sake.)

I was so happy to see that Andy got up in time to make it and bring his camera. Nothing like trying fly and being periodically blinded by the flash of a camera.  I was also impressed that Andy put some of his pictures taken of the event on the forum before going to bed today.  Sleep tight Andy.

Further Andy - RE "especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course".  Look on the bright side, it wasn't corn. For that matter, you don't need a flag and phone to go and retrieve your aircraft.  Some like Richard only needed a ladder and long stick.  (BJ you missed it.  The only plane to hang off the center vertical wire award goes to Richard. Something like the skill it takes to hang a plane off of a wind sock, right BJ.)   

For those that didn't make it out for the experience, don't be frightened of the wires.  I only grazed the wires three times and one midair with Greg's quad. He shouldn't have parked it there. All aircraft survived. 

Thanks again Micheal.  So nice to see so many out.

Always a good time to enjoy my hobby when it comes to TEMAC.

Michael

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on December 27, 2017, 09:08:29 AM
Yes, I have to agree it was a great evening of indoor fun, both flying and otherwise.  Otherwise means; it was a great evening of comradery too. (Clarification is for Frank's sake.)

I was so happy to see that Andy got up in time to make it and bring his camera. Nothing like trying fly and being periodically blinded by the flash of a camera.  I was also impressed that Andy put some of his pictures taken of the event on the forum before going to bed today.  Sleep tight Andy.

Further Andy - RE "especially with the new "high-wire" obstacle course".  Look on the bright side, it wasn't corn. For that matter, you don't need a flag and phone to go and retrieve your aircraft.  Some like Richard only needed a ladder and long stick.  (BJ you missed it.  The only plane to hang off the center vertical wire award goes to Richard.[/u] Something like the skill it takes to hang a plane off of a wind sock, right BJ.)   

For those that didn't make it out for the experience, don't be frightened of the wires.  I only grazed the wires three times and one midair with Greg's quad. He shouldn't have parked it there. All aircraft survived. 

Thanks again Micheal.  So nice to see so many out.

Always a good time to enjoy my hobby when it comes to TEMAC.

You have to be in awe of the incredible skill it takes to pull off a spot landing like that, right in the geometric centre of the dome.  A perfect bull's eye in three dimensions!! Most of us can only dream of being able to achieve such incredible feats of flying. 8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

Here are my photos from the great dome fly organized by Michael.  More pix to come from Greg H and Glenn.

http://temac.ca/?p=14510

Cheers!

Andy

Frank v B

Andy, great photos.  Oops, that was a compliment*. 
Was totally impressed by Ken Coleman's planes.  Works of art... and one day he will have to finally admit they are. :)

Frank

* I let down my guard.  It will never happen again! :-X
"Never trade luck for skill"