January Meeting

Started by battlestu, December 12, 2017, 09:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battlestu

Now for something completely different ...

For the January meeting on Jan. 10th, we will be holding a swap/auction event.

For the auction.
A number of members have donated various RC items to the club and it only seems fair to auction them off. We will post pictures to the forum so you can see what is up for auction.
Also if you have anything you wish to donate to the club for auction feel free to contact me ([email protected]) and we'll add it to the list.

For the swap.
Need some extra cash for that winter project you are working on. Bring your un-used planes (and gear) to sell off. Put it on display, set the price and go home with the money you need.

Thanks
Greg

"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

Frank v B

Looking to convert goods into Club cash.  John Kusturin donated more stuff with proceeds going to TEMAC.
- two E-Flite 480 4800 KV with 60 amp Turing Plush ESC's
- a handful of micro servos
- an AR 6100 receiver
- a 25 size built Hot Canary biplane, ready for a motor and electronics.
- a set of bolt-on 23" long floats with LG brackets attached
- 12 volt power supply (32 amp)

For the swap meet I will be selling some of Bert Dunk's stuff
- UMX Habu micro Jet
- Radian pro glider with Motor, ESC and servos in original box.
- digital incidence meter
- a set of plastic skis (40 size).... Andy, for your E-Flite Beaver!!
- an E-Flite 450 in box
- Williams Bros vintage wheels (pair, brand new)

Plus other stuff from around my shop.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I'm looking forward to the swap meet on Wednesday. I'll need at least one table, please! Looking to sell some kits, ARFs and finished planes all at great prices. I'll list all my models later but it will include:

Multiplex Cularis kit
E-Flite Habu 32 ARF
KingKong 90GT Quad

Michael

I'll be bringing some fun stuff to sell, and my prices will be low, low, low!
Michael

octagon

I will have a Scarlet Screamer EF1 built by Ken Fluney, a Leader 480 that is in great shape but I never fly it anymore, a great planes Stearman that is currently hanging in Pinnacle, and likely a Tidewater. I will follow the above trend and keep prices low for my friends at TEMAC.
What could possibly go wrong?

mawz

I've got a PT-40, a Spirit 100 kit (complete/untouched) and will have some plastic kits as well. Might also have a 250-sized Cub RTF.

Update: Bunch of plastic kits (mostly 1/72, 1-2 1/48) and also a Parkzone Ka-8b PnP with tow release

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks:

I will available to receive your 2018 TEMAC dues payments (cash or cheque preferred) at the Jan 10 Pilots Meeting.  It will be helpful if you can also bring proof of your 2018 MAAC renewal for our records.

Many thanks.

See you tomorrow.

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer, TEMAC

Gregor77

I will need a table also. Umx extra, various parts, some old timer planes and various plastic kits. I am spending the day labeling and sorting. Should be there at 6.

Michael

I'm bringing parts from broken planes which include good condition servos, retracts, ducted-fans, speed controls, and a whole bunch of stuff that I'm willing to sell really really cheap! Bring money and go home with great deals!

I have to work until 5, so I'll be lucky to be there by 6.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Great auction and swap shop tonight!  All kinds of eclectic goodies at great prices!!

Thank you Greg H, Frank VB and Michael R for organizing.

Can anyone help me identify the airfoil(s) shown in the attached photo?  8)

Thanks so much!

Andy

sihinch

I've actually done quite a lot of airfoil research. They look like they were from a "hot" aircraft. There are some "flat" sections in there, too. Hmmm

Crazyflyer

Quote from: sihinch on January 11, 2018, 05:01:06 PM
I've actually done quite a lot of airfoil research. They look like they were from a "hot" aircraft. There are some "flat" sections in there, too. Hmmm

I unfortunately missed yesterday's meeting but from the look of that picture, the design of the airfoils couldn't have been any good as the parts came from a vehicle that never even flew!!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Crazyflyer on January 11, 2018, 05:45:15 PM
Quote from: sihinch on January 11, 2018, 05:01:06 PM

I unfortunately missed yesterday's meeting but from the look of that picture, the design of the airfoils couldn't have been any good as the parts came from a vehicle that never even flew!!

Touché!  Bravo.

Andy