TEMAC New Year's Day Fun Fly at TEMAC Field

Started by Andy Hoffer, December 14, 2017, 11:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Mark your calendars and get out your bathing suits and long underwear!

See Greg Hazelton's great photos of last year's super New year's Day event in the photo gallery (http://temac.ca/?p=14055).

Cheers!

Andy (Snowballs) Hoffer   8)

Gregor77

Remember to bring your cheesy shorts and stylish winter hats.

Crash

Ive been told that float planes takeoff on snow, I guess its worth a try!

Michael

Michael

Andy Hoffer

Yeah, Baby!

Lookin' good for the Bathing Suit Crew!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

What were you doing writing this at 3:32 this morning.  Don't you know you are retired.  Start behaving like you are or we will have to get Bruce to give you a crash course in "Slowing Down and Enjoying Life 101".  Come to think of it.... sign me up too! :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Merry Christmas, 

Frank, as I have said Andy is a night owl.  I do not know how he will ever make the 9 a.m. flight time on January 1st.

Let's hope he does!

PS Andy, when you finally get up this morning today, to answer your question about 'hope' for Frank - "Unlikely"  ;D

sihinch

Maybe @bweaver Andy will stay up all night until 9am!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on December 25, 2017, 09:43:16 AM
Maybe @bweaver Andy will stay up all night until 9am!!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

Simon easily figured this one out.  When you are on call 24/7 for the cookie line, all-nighters comprise familiar territory!! When I was in university I found it to be a great way to get term assignments done without machinating too much!  Deadlines really focus your mind on the really important things at 4:00 in the morning on the due date!!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

With our Dome Fly over.... Thanks Michael!...... we now set our sights on our Third Annual New Year's Funfly. 
Greg has called for a 9 am start so I will be at the Woodbine Tim's by 8:30 am to top off on caffeine.  Plan to start heading to the field at 8:55 am to delay the punishment as long as possible.

This "SnowBall" event will probably have to be renamed "FrozenBa.." this year.

Frank

Gregor77

Looking forward to this. I think we need to shovel the driveway a bit.

thehaze

With a balmy high of -15C (feeling like -22).

Perfect weather for flying...
Takeoffs are optional. Landings are mandatory.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Gregor77 on December 27, 2017, 03:22:28 PM
Looking forward to this. I think we need to shovel the driveway a bit.

I think everyone should be prepared to walk in from the highway.  Wear your best snow pants, high boots and a bathing suit for extra warmth!

Andy

Frank v B

Free group psychiatric assessment at 9:05 am. Dr. John has already arranged this. ;D
They're coming to take us away ha ha....please. :D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

I sure hope we get as nice a day on Jan 1 as we had today.  The wind was really whistling across the ramp at Peterborough airport.  I gave my snowpants and other winter gear a pre fun fly test and everything felt nice and cozy so I'm ready to roll (ski)!!  And the butter tarts at the airport restaurant were amazing!! 8)

Can't wait for Jan 1!

Andy