Sig Kobra balsa kit

Started by Michael, December 24, 2017, 03:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Main construction and assembly has been completed. I'm finishing the radio and power system installations, and then I'll do decals.

Michael

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Andy Hoffer

Beautiful, Michael!  I really like your colour scheme.  This will make an excellent photo subject against a blue or cloudy sky!  On white it will look like the wings, top of the fuse and the top of the rudder/fin are separate entities flying in formation!!

Bravo!!

Andy

electroflyer

Very nice!
  Your builds get better and better!

Glenn

Michael

Done.

Fine balancing and throws still to be adjusted.

Michael

battlestu

very nice!! can't wait to see her fly
"I'm disrespectful to dirt. Can you see that I am serious?"

sihinch

Wow, you should be proud of that!

BJROB

What a pretty looking plane.
It looks just great.... what a good.
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

piker

Beautiful!  You've inspired me to work on mine!  I hope I can make it happen for the Spring   :o

piker

Hey!  How did you end up treating the plastic turtle deck?  Did you cover the top of the fuselage and paint the plastic, cover the plastic, or paint onto the fuselage film?

Michael

I found a blue spray paint that closely matched some blue covering. I used 4 different types of covering with varying heat/stick/melt temperatures, and this made covering more difficult than planned. It worked out, but it was challenging.

The plastic was spray painted, and attached by screwing at 2 locations into balsa (glue re-enforced holes) blocks.

The 2 screw-heads match up with 2 hold-down magnets under the canopy-battery-hatch.

Michael

piker

Cool!  looks great!  Thanks for the details.