Kitchener Waterloo Swap meet Jan 20

Started by Frank v B, January 07, 2018, 03:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Anybody beside the usual suspects?

https://www.maac.ca/en/clubs_details.php?club_id=171

Frank

* Temac's Swap Inspection Team consists of Glenn, Cadez, Rob D. and FvB.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B

So I guess you're there to lend legitimacy to the KW Flying Dutchmen!   8)

Andy

mawz

I usually go, but not sure about this year. Depends on the budget.

Polecat

See you there Frank and the rest of the crew. I know the Brantford guy's will be there.
This is a good little Swap Meet, just as good as Aurora, maybe better and is in the building season.

Ken

cpaine

maac #26951

Frank v B

The event is this coming Saturday.  Who is going, where do we meet.  Last year we met at the Weston Road and 401 Tim's.

Roll call-

Frank- going (and gone!)
Rob D. ?
Glenn N.?
Cadez?

Gregor77

Frank v B

The website shows the start for the Kitchener Swap Meet is 10:00am for the general public so we should meet at Tim's Weston Road immediately south of the 401 by 8:30 am.

Frank

mawz

Looks like I will be attending, I'll see you folks at the meet.

electroflyer

Hey guys,
I will meet you out there.

Glenn

Gregor77

I sadly can't make it this time. Sophia is not feeling well. This the post at 4 am. Have fun.

Frank v B

Went to the KW Swap meet today.  Temac was represented by Adam, Glenn and yours truly.  We immediately saw our EF-1 buddies Rick and Cory, and Dave.  Spent the time in the line-up to compare notes.  Ken Fluney was inside.  Saw several other friends inside going back 20 years.  Neat to compare notes.  Lots of good deals but many people were still attempting to make money, instead of re-purposing stuff they don't use.

Worth the trip... especially when I bought a new fibreglass cowl and seats for my E-Flite Taylorcraft.... for $10.00.  Rob D., it will now be as good as new!!

Frank

octagon

Lend it to me for a week and I will fix that!
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on January 21, 2018, 10:17:01 AM
Lend it to me for a week and I will fix that!

Hey Rob (@octagon),

Please give me a heads up before you do the deed to Frank's new cowling so I can get some good crash-action photos for next year's Christmas slide show!!  8)

Andy