Winter Morning Crew Snow Flyers - Field Report - Jan 16 2018

Started by Andy Hoffer, January 16, 2018, 05:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Gee!  And all this time I thought it was the cold extremities that were keeping folks away from the field on GORGEOUS winter flying days - like TODAY!

I am SO sorry for not understanding that it's the CORE temperature that matters!!! 8) 

Our new field "afterburner", shown in the attached demonstration photo, should make things much more comfortable.  If this works out we can consider one for the Loo!!

Andy

P.S.  More "coverage" of today's Snow Fly to follow!

Andy Hoffer

BJ taking advantage of the TEMAC Winter Training and Fitness (WTF) program!

Andy Hoffer

BJ enjoying some friendly winter flying instruction from our great CFI, Bruce Weaver!

With spectacular results!! 8)

Andy Hoffer

BJ gets the field ready for spring planting with the some textbook winter ploughing!!  8)

Andy Hoffer

A good time was had by all!  All batteries were discharged - in the air!!   8)

Andy

bweaver

Who said skis for your RC aircraft are expensive and complicated?  Ask BJ.

BJ's creativity is admirable.

bweaver

Parking was good. 
Some find it hard to keep on track.  Like take your aircraft and equipment out before taking the camera out and taking pictures.  Nope he can't do it.

No problems over getting a table.  BJ even brought a shovel to clear them off.  How thoughtful...

Andy finally put the camera down and got his airplane into the air.

A good day had by all. 

There is more room out there for others if you're up to it.

BJROB

What an amassing day we had   8)
it was warm (you'll notice my coat was open) when there was no wind to speak of.  :o
Bruce must of lost his hockey card on his motor, :-X as his war wing was flying so.. so... smoothly.  :P its crazy how his war wing fly's with them pontoons.  ???
Andy has his plane tuned so tight you can hear it sing on them wires he is flying on. ;D
Guys you got to get out to these winter fun days... There Great!!! as the tiger would say... ::)
and he is right.... :)

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!