Next Build class Wednesday Jan 24 2018

Started by Frank v B, January 17, 2018, 09:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

On the schedule:

Bruce and his Warwing Build class.  The Foam Gnome will show you how to build a Warwing and how to make it ugly.... because ugly planes last longer. ;)

Piker can bring whatever project he is working on, starting or re-starting.  The poor guy needs to make some dust.

I will bring my two projects-  The Chica to start covering it and the F4U Corsair so you can gave a peek at the filler held together with balsa.

Hopefully Bruce will bring his PT19 and Michael his Cobra.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Quote from: Frank v B on January 17, 2018, 09:25:31 PM

Piker can bring whatever project he is working on, starting or re-starting.  The poor guy needs to make some dust.

He sure does!  Serious withdrawal symptoms here!

Michael

I'm working Wednesday night. I'm pretty sure that by the time I bring my plane to a meeting, it will be finished.
Michael

Frank v B

The build class was well attended last night.  About a dozen showed up for the last supper and a handful more showed up downstairs.  The "more" included Glenn, Tuck and daughter, Nathan, Alex, Tori and Eli, John Werner, Cadez (Sophia-less), BJ.

Graham even built a Spitfire.  He was gung-ho until he realized there was an 11th part (a screw) and that confused him to no end.

Bruce led the Foam-In love-fest with the distribution of his Warwing kits.  Nothing like putting Mr Competitive in charge of making everyone else's planes.  I was surprised the wings were not made from particleboard.... covered with lead sheeting. :D  I think somewhere in Bruce's instructions it states that the weight objective should be 9 lbs, 12 oz. per plane ;)

Mawz (Adam) covered covering 101 in his corner

Simon repaired his Warwing after some hungry pilot took a big bite out of the wing.... probably the Foam Gnome Bruce himself.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Frank RE -  Mawz (Adam) covered covering 101 in his corner  Pay attention Frank, Adam also got into his Warwing build as well.  He is a multi-tasker I'd say.

Frank RE - Simon repaired his Warwing after some hungry pilot took a big bite out of the wing....  Hunger has nothing to do with it. Most of us understand it is only blue foam and recognize how real pretty it is when you see it shred. 

Further, I have to congratulate Simon for being the first person this year to use the Warwing repair kit he received last night, to repair his slightly damaged Warwing from last year. (It only had a minor flesh wound and he was going to give it up.) 

Now I will quote Simon about his experience during last night's class.  "I think it is easier to repair a Warwing than build one."  And he did a fine job in repairing it, I might add.

Michael

Quote from: Frank v B on January 25, 2018, 01:41:37 PM

Simon repaired his Warwing after some hungry pilot took a big bite out of the wing.... probably the Foam Gnome Bruce himself.

Frank

No, it was me.  ;D
Michael

sihinch

I can't say thank you enough to Bruce, for all the amazing work he did to create 200 warwing kits! I almost wonder if this is all we'll see flying at TEMAC this year?!

It was an amazing evening and I'm dead chuffed because I got my old warwing back in the game!

Now, how to upgrade the next 2?