Win A Warwing Quiz

Started by bweaver, January 19, 2018, 01:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Bruce,

re:"Athol, Frank, reread the instructions.  The posts you have provided fail to meet the entry requirements.  Please try again. "

My post was not an entry, it was an observation.  I will not try again. :P 

If I were to win I would have to report to you and listen politely on how to build a Warwing.  It would be as much punishment for you as it would be for me. ;D  I am trying to let you off (down?) easy. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

Rob, regarding "when is the suspense over?"; you have to refer to the rules at http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6474.msg42056.html#msg42056

Frank, such a disappointment.  I have thought you could have built a Warwing without a great amount of detailed instruction, however now you have confirmed it.  So sad...  :'( 

bweaver

RE:If I were to win I would have to report to you and listen politely on how to build a Warwing.  It would be as much punishment for you as it would be for me. ;D  I am trying to let you off (down?) easy. 8)

Frank

Frank, I have given it more thought about your excuse as to why you haven't entered to win.  I have also confirmed even though you routinely admit it, you do not read instructions. Rule 2 of the quiz/contest clearly states:
(2) if you win, you have to pick up your kit Wednesday night at the build session, or arrange with me for picking up the kit at another club meeting or at a mutually agreeable time at Rogo Field, or other location.

Thus, if you enter and by chance win, you could try to build it without my help in your personal solitude. This would ensure that you would not be punished.

OR FRANK, are you afraid to try to fly combat against all the other experienced TEMAC pilots?

PS to all other TEMAC members besides Frank; - if you have a Warwing, it doesn't mean you have to fly it in combat. That will be, and is your choice. Warwings fly great just as a sport aircraft, if that is what you want to do.  (But if you want the streamers are free.)

Frank v B

Bruce:

re:"OR FRANK, are you afraid to try to fly combat against all the other experienced TEMAC pilots?"

Dem's fighting woids. :o

My Warwing will be built this year (last year's kit) and it will fly against you and all other pilots.  I will not win because I don't have your killer instinct but I will be eating foam this year.  May it be yours! 8)

Frank

"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

Better late than never?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on January 21, 2018, 10:44:30 AM
Bruce:

re:"OR FRANK, are you afraid to try to fly combat against all the other experienced TEMAC pilots?"

Dem's fighting woids. :o

My Warwing will be built this year (last year's kit) and it will fly against you and all other pilots.  I will not win because I don't have your killer instinct but I will be eating foam this year.  May it be yours! 8)

Frank

@Frank v B , @bweaver ,

Maybe we should call this for what it really is, the "WarWords Quiz" !!!   8)

Andy

bweaver

Thank you to all the participants in this win a Warwing kit activity.  :) :D ;D

The winner is....

Drum role please.....

Carlos. @Palkina Congratulations! While not having guessed my favorite number, Carlos was the closest to it.  Carlos, please let me know how you wish to obtain your new Warwing Kit.  I hope you enjoy it.

piker

So what's your favourite number... and why?

bweaver

Quote from: piker on January 22, 2018, 10:04:19 PM
So what's your favourite number... and why?

My current favorite number less than 50 is 32, multiply that by 2 equals 64.  I am living in the moment of my 64th year.  It works for me! 

piker

That's weird   ;D

It would have been a better story is your favourite number was your number of confirmed Warwing kills!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: piker on January 23, 2018, 04:20:32 PM
That's weird   ;D

It would have been a better story is your favourite number was your number of confirmed Warwing kills!

Well, Bruce did mention a factor of 2, and I quote (http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6474.msg42095.html#msg42095):

"My current favorite number less than 50 is 32, multiply that by 2 equals 64.  I am living in the moment of my 64th year.  It works for me!"

Based on what I've seen in these combat sessions, 2 would be a generous but plausible accounting of his confirmed Warwings kills (or his exaggeration factor for same), so his combative psyche really is manifest in his favourite number!!   8)

Andy

bweaver

Quote from: piker on January 23, 2018, 04:20:32 PM
That's weird   ;D

Robert, that would have really scared Frank off, and others too. 

With my favorite number, I was only attempting to get people to try out combat, at least once.  For those who don't wish to fly combat, yet still have put together a Warwing, they will enjoy flying a plane that gives them the opportunity to experiment in flight having very little invested. Most importantly, should they have to repair a Warwing they wouldn't have to attend Frank's @Frank v B repair classes.

Palkina

Thank you Bruce.

I missed the suspense !!!. I'll be tomorrow at the Warwing Scramble.

Michael

Good luck with all this blah blah about winning and building warwings.

Don't spend too much time beautifying your builds because I intend to smash them all in the flying contests!

;D
Michael

bweaver

Re: Don't spend too much time beautifying your builds because I intend to smash them all in the flying contests!

Michael, that's the spirit and a challenge to many, not just to myself.   >:(  ::)

Where is that Chicken?