Oakville/Milton swap meet Sun. Feb 4 2018

Started by Frank v B, January 28, 2018, 10:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The Oakville Milton Swap Meet is this coming Sunday, Feb 4.

I will be at the Tim's at Highway 25 just south of the QEW at 8:30 am and will head to the swap meet at 8:50 am.  It is less than 5 minutes from the coffee shop.  It is a small swap meet but there is always something that has my name on it.

https://www.maac.ca/en/events_by_zone.php?zone_code=L

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B 

Is Cynthia going with you to help inform your choices?!!!  8)

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

re:"Is Cynthia going with you".

Do you think I want to be trapped in a car with her sitting next to me saying "I wanna go home" from the time we hit Mount Pleasant (200 meters).  I want to make it to my 65th birthday in two weeks. ;D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Hi @Frank v B

You've got a point.  And I guess your chances of getting to buy stuff will also improve if you fly solo!!   8)

Andy

Frank v B

Went to the swap meet this morning.  It is a very small event but only about half the guests and about 30% fewer vendors compared to last year.  The mini snow storm did not help. Bought two sealed rolls of covering for $10 each (retail $23 plus tax each), bought a bag of 4 new prop adapters for $15.00 and an Astro Blinky balancer (new in bag) for $15  ($35 plus tax retail).

Rick and Corey Payne (EF-1 racers) showed up.  On the trip over a car drove past them, spun out, crashed into the shoulder with a bent front and broken windshield... then 10 minutes later the same car passed them again.  Sometimes natural selection is waaayyyy too lenient.  On my trip home the QEW was down to one lane at Oakville.  A car spun out and into the ditch beyond the shoulder and was facing the wrong way.  Two fire trucks and tow trucks were on the scene.

Enough stalling.... now back to painting my living room. :(

Frank

bweaver

@Frank v B  Re: "On the trip over a car drove past them, spun out, crashed into the shoulder with a bent front and broken windshield... then 10 minutes later the same car passed them again."

I am amazed you could still see and recognize Rick and Corey again through that broken windshield while passing.  Now that you are inching towards retirement, 'Slow Down!' (It didn't sound like there were that many bargains to risk your life for, but....)  ::)