2018 Racing

Started by sihinch, February 08, 2018, 07:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Quote from: Palkina on February 12, 2018, 06:54:07 PM
Let's do not forget that Michael also challenged every warwing owner. The competition will be "feroz" !!!

Let's hope so! 

feroz - Diccionario Inglés-Español WordReference.com
www.wordreference.com/es/en/translation.asp?spen=feroz
English: blistering - cut-throat - ferocious - cutthroat - fierce - vicious - furious - scathing - cutthroat competition - hatchet job - raging hunger - slam - wild beast.

I am adding "and fun".

octagon

I am going to put racing numbers on my Parkzone clipped wing Spitfire!
What could possibly go wrong?

sihinch

OK everyone, here's a sneak peek ar what we're planning for this year, so you can think about what you might use. I will not put a lot of focus on rules or constraints.

The emphasis will be on trying different format while having fun.

In April, when the weather warms up, we will hold a warwing race.  No prop, motor or ESC conditions, just use your warwing with a 3S lipo. We will do 10 laps of our field, with a coordinated launch of upto 5 racers per heat.  So get your warwings built!
http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6176.0.html

In May, on the same day as "Mayden Fest" when we encourage you to try your new planes, we will hold a warbird race.  Again, very few limits or constraints - must be a warbird between 1m and 1.3m wingspan and use 3S lipo.  Other than that, use what you want.  We will do 10 laps again with up to 5 racers per heat.

Once we see how these races go, we can then talk about what we may want to do throughout the season.  Heck, we could even continue with both types of race for 2018 and have a league table for each format.  We could even throw in an EF1 race or 2 too.

Anyway - prepare your 3S Warwings and Warbirds for racing!  :D

bweaver

Excellent plan Simon.  I can't wait for the Races to begin.

sihinch

To further encourage participation, we will remove one further limitation from the warbird class. There is no wingspan limitation. Simply a 3S warbird.

Frank v B

Simon,

OK... wheels or no wheels?   Retracts allowed?   Hand-launch allowed?

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

Hi Frank,

We're trying to make this inclusive and fun.  And simple.  I may not have all the answers now...... ;)

....but the aim is to get peope trying it.  Obvisouly the questions you asked will influence our start. 

So, in the spirit of more the merrier, we will allow warbirds with wheels, retracts and no wheels, and have a racing start from the center of the field.  :D

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on March 12, 2018, 12:31:34 PM
Hi Frank,

We're trying to make this inclusive and fun.  And simple.  I may not have all the answers now...... ;)

....but the aim is to get peope trying it.  Obvisouly the questions you asked will influence our start. 

So, in the spirit of more the merrier, we will allow warbirds with wheels, retracts and no wheels, and have a racing start from the center of the field:D

Ahhhh, so sweet!  More foam fodder and balsa bits for my camera!!!   8)

Andy Hoffer

Frank v B

Simon,

i agree with you.  I just wanted you to think about it before the racing starts.  We will work it out on the day....as we always do.

Andy, which BBQ sauce do prefer with your foam?? ;D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B ,

Re BBQ sauce, , I am really partial to Heinz EPO Foam Safe!   :D

Andy

Crazyflyer

Hi Guys,
Below is a link to an FPV wing racing organization with different classes, it would be great if we can get the FPV enthusiasts together for racing FPV wings as well at TEMAC.
They show some different course layouts that would be fun to try, we can easily put a few flags in the field without messing with the circuit:
https://fpvwra.net/spec-wing-courses/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ExKyrosl5w

Ededge2002

Can I paint insignias on my giant Multiplex Mentor and call it a warbird?  Or what about a gws ME109?

giggling

Im so happy to see you guys are going to continue racing!  For those of you that havent tried it I agree with Simon that it will improve your flying.
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

sihinch

I'm hoping to fly this Saturday, 9th June.  Why don't we try another Warwing race?

Just bring your Warwings out and throughout the afternoon we will do some race laps.  It's awesome fun with a warwing.  ;D

bweaver

What a great idea Simon.  Everyone is welcome to give it a try.  Warwing racing is a blast, I mean exhilarating.  I can't wait.

Having a Warwing with you and failure to participate may result in some lucky person walking away with their Warwing remaining intact, but also be awarded the Non-Prestigious Chicken Award. This lucky/unlucky individual will wear the award with pride/shame, only to pass it off personally to some other wimp/unworthy adversary at another scheduled Racing or Combat Challenge.   :)

Ededge2002

Quote from: bweaver on June 04, 2018, 01:02:55 PM
What a great idea Simon.  Everyone is welcome to give it a try.  Warwing racing is a blast, I mean exhilarating.  I can't wait.

Having a Warwing with you and failure to participate may result in some lucky person walking away with their Warwing remaining intact, but also be awarded the Non-Prestigious Chicken Award. This lucky/unlucky individual will wear the award with pride/shame, only to pass it off personally to some other wimp/unworthy adversary at another scheduled Racing or Combat Challenge.   :)

Kinda like the yellow jersey in cycling!
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?