Previous topic - Next topic

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

Mmm.  Nice juicy US Dollars!!!   8)

Go guys, go!

My camera awaits you!

Andy

electroflyer

Funny, I have just been looking at options for the LX Phantom 2. The plan is to ditch the two 70mm fan units and modify the fuselage for a 90mm fan unit. Checking online I have seen some reasonable attempts. As for $500.00 US....nope! LOL

Crazyflyer

If this becomes a trend, we are going to HAVE to lengthen the runway!!

Andy Hoffer

OR we teach folks how to do a performance (short-field) take off, with 10-degrees of flap!

OR better yet, we install a steam catapult (and arrestor cables)!!  8)

Andy

deltawing

Don't forget about the catch wire for landing!   ;D ;D

deltawing

This one may works too.

sihinch

If it flies anything like my FlyFly F-4 (and apparently it does) then it will land like a *****cat!

Wingnutz

Let me guess Simon, an order to Callie and a bit of airbrushing and...voila!...an RAF Phantom! ...and BTW that catapault mentioned earlier in the thread, ...bungee or bungee and dolly?
I envy you guys with geotex who can get right into small wheels and retracts! ;D
Anyway have fun, looks like a great model!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Wingnutz on February 11, 2018, 04:08:11 PM
Let me guess Simon, an order to Callie and a bit of airbrushing and...voila!...an RAF Phantom! ...and BTW that catapault mentioned earlier in the thread, ...bungee or bungee and dolly?
I envy you guys with geotex who can get right into small wheels and retracts! ;D
Anyway have fun, looks like a great model!

The real fun with those lovely scale wheels is avoiding the staples protruding from the centreline of the non-scale Geotex "pavement", to say nothing of the lumps from the frost heave and worm castings underneath!!  A photographer's paradise!!  8)

Alpha November Delta Yankee

Michael

The video of this new model suggests it lands fast, and needs a long and very smooth landing area. This model may not be suitable for our field.
Michael

Ededge2002

Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

bfeist