Wed. Feb 28- next Build class at Col Mustards

Started by Frank v B, February 24, 2018, 12:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Come join us for the usual insult and (dis)ability information exchange.  This week will be class 2 on the Secrets of Warwing construction and repair.  It will be a Bruceless meeting so the rest of us will help you to the finish line.

Bring your own projects and there will be at least 5 capable builders who will give you at least 10 answers to every question. ;D

Hopefully Piker will be able to bring his King Kobra balsa build.

If you can come early, join us for dinner at 6:00 in the restaurant. The build class will start at 7:00

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

bweaver

To finish your Warwing, don't forget the instructions.  If all else fails.... read the manual.

By the way @Frank v B, how is your Warwing coming along?

;D

Frank v B

Yes, Bruce.  RTFM.   Got it.

My Warwing is still quivering in a corner not wanting to be built only to be pursued to destruction by "Bruce The Terrible".  That Bruce guy is just a commissioned salesman for the manufacturer of the foam board. ;D

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on February 24, 2018, 10:59:20 PM
Yes, Bruce.  RTFM.   Got it.

My Warwing is still quivering in a corner not wanting to be built only to be pursued to destruction by "Bruce The Terrible".  That Bruce guy is just a commissioned salesman for the manufacturer of the foam board. ;D

Frank

Yup. I think @Frank v B's Warwing is doing the smart thing by avoiding an untimely end at the hands of @bweaver the Terrible!

Andy

Frank v B

piker

Crap!  I can't make it to the build class tonight.  I fell off a ladder this morning while bringing my kit down for the class, and screwed up my back.  Couldn't go to work today either!

And I even did some damage to my King Kobra fuselage, although that will repair faster than my broken body.

Have fun tonight!!!

ethane

We are going to try to get there a little earlier this time for the build meeting  :)  May be just Ethan and Eli, we have to see what the homework situation is - but hopefully we can get one war wing completed - motivation for Ethan to get his wings this summer!
Tory, Ethan, Alex and Eli

Frank v B

We had a class this evening working on Warwings. 

Dear Bruce,

We tried to run the class for you but your touch was missing.  Graham brought his work in progress, Richard brought his completed but un-flown one, BJ brought his fully painted with a pilot and on skis, Ethan and Alex started gluing their creations.  Graham helped Alex put the keel and the motor mount blocks in place, Ethan glued the fuselage together, cut the holes for the two servos and installed a couple of the motor mount blocks, Gerald brought his plane and started the assembly process.  Ken Rawlins worked on repairing his CL 215 water bomber making new parts from plans, Frank brought the finished Corsair (the debut of Charlie the pilot) and the Chica. Vadim was interim coach... pretending to be Bruce.

We also did a session on "how to straighten a bent prop shaft" the problem and solution were very visible using the cordless drill.  Graham will post the photo/video.

A lot of the usual victims were missing but we had a productive evening.

Frank

bweaver

Yes Frank, I understand the world goes on... 

Congratulations to everyone's advancements in building their Warwings, repairs and construction to other planes, and interim coaching efforts.  EVERYONE WINS A COLORFUL RIBBON TO ATTACH TO THEIR WARWING IN RECOGNITION OF THEIR EFFORTS.

I am sure Vadim was honored to try and emulate Bruce's (my) persona. I am sure he did a great job at it.

gmcnic

Sorry Frank, no video.  But here are a few photos from the class.
It was a fun and entertaining evening!

Andy Hoffer

Hey @gmcnic nic,

Great photos Graham!  I particularly like the one of @Frank v B trying to drill out the bent shaft in his E-Flite Series 6 inrunner so he can install a new shaft with 5-minute epoxy!  Very innovative!   8) 

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

You're just jealous.  You just bend them.  I bend them, then straighten them.  You're just not a complete crashing package. 8)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B

Even Charlie is casting a wary eye on you in that photo.  He's probably thinking to himself,
"Crap! That's the guy who's going to be flying the plane I'm glued into.  How did that shaft get bent in the first place?  Am I going to be his next victim????"

Dear Charlie,

I will do my best to get Frank to be gentle with the Corsair. It will be a challenge, because it really isn't in his DNA, but I will try. Maybe you should try and get on with another RC pilot with a better record.   :D

Andy