Started by Andy Hoffer, February 28, 2018, 12:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Andy Hoffer on February 28, 2018, 12:04:54 AM
Hi Folks:

See http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6514.msg42533.html#msg42533

Andy

How embarrassing! Responding to my own post!  But I just had to remind you that there are only 12 more days (including today, March 3) to enter the TEMAC Workbench Photo Contest.  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6514.msg42533.html#msg42533

You really have nothing to fear, because @Frank v B, by his own admission, has set the standard really low (actually below grade, an area he frequents with his planes).  You may have felt embarrassed to post your shop photos, but Frank's will make anyone else's look absolutely pristine.  (See photo - and this is just his van!!)  Even a kitchen table, a pile of boxes, or a toilet seat will do - in situ, as is, no fuss, no muss* (*OK, so maybe I'm pushing it a bit).  Just shoot it and send it.  As Frank says, "It is reality."  (Sort of like the hidden expiry date on ALL RC planes!!)  8)

And if you're terrified of winning and having to endure a photo shoot with me, you can always TRY to give it away!!

Cheers,
Andy Hoffer

Ededge2002

I hope this gets a good number of participants. Could be fun
Yea 400W/lb should about do it.. But wouldn't a nice round 500 be better?

Frank v B

"Never trade luck for skill"

sihinch

I thought the pictures were meant to be anonymous @Frank v B so people can try and match them to the member?!

Frank v B

Simon,

Yep. 
But no-one is going to send an entry to Andy unless somebody sets the bar really low for organization and cleanliness.  This way no-one will be embarrassed to send in their entry.  Once the storage area is done, I will PM the photo(s) to Andy.

Andy is going to crucify me at the meeting anyway. ;D

PM them to Andy.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Michael

That was a fun meeting/evening.

About 20 people, fun dinner, and then the meeting.

Thanks to our president, Simon, thanks to Andy, Frank and Greg for entertaining us.

Diverse show-and-tell as well: an old-timer, a modified ARF, a built-up twin, a kit-built warbird and an FPV warwing.
Michael

Andy Hoffer

Hi Folks,

It was indeed great fun tonight.  No script required - just sit back and let everyone "compliment" each other!!

My sincerest apologies for having inadvertently omitted four wonderful photos, which interestingly enough cover the full workshop spectrum, from minimalist, to moderate and efficient, to full-blown warehouse!

In keeping with tonight's protocol, I will leave it to you to guess the origins of these workshop images! 8)

Special thanks to @Frank v B for his creative genius!

Cheers!

Andy H

Andy Hoffer

It is with great pleasure that I am able to offer you a glimpse into the collective psyche of TEMAC through imagery of the Inner Sanctum, that sacred enclave of creativity and productivity dear to the heart of each and every member of TEMAC.  I will leave it to you all to mentally reconstruct the profound dialogue which was manifest at the March 14 Pilots Meeting where these images premiered.

http://temac.ca/?p=14954

Enjoy!

Andy Hoffer
TEMAC Plane-chiatrist

RogMason

Andy,
The last 4 photos shown in the workshop thread...

1 & 2 The first two must be Cadez??  Look at all the kits and model soldiers!!?

3 - Third one is a total mystery.  Is that a decorated biscuit tin with Hurricanes swooping over the English countryside?  Hmmm., probably biscuits like that are sold in the UK - Heathrow souvenir shops along with Keep Calm and Carry On merchandise?   Therefore someone who is English or often visits the UK maybe?  Simon or Simon maybe??

4 - As it states Roger Mason Workshop in the photo title, I'm guessing that it's mine??

Any prizes for correct guesses?
'Roger That...'

piker

Good call Roger.

For 1&2, Cadez is obvious...especially if you've been there.

I couldn't figure out the third until you offered some clever insight.  I should have recognized that as Simon H.

And there ARE a lot of Dura-Grit tools in that last photo   ;D

Robert

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: RogMason on March 29, 2018, 09:42:18 AM
Andy,

3 - Third one is a total mystery.  Is that a decorated biscuit tin with Hurricanes swooping over the English countryside?  Hmmm., probably biscuits like that are sold in the UK - Heathrow souvenir shops along with Keep Calm and Carry On merchandise?   Therefore someone who is English or often visits the UK maybe?  Simon or Simon maybe??

4 - As it states Roger Mason Workshop in the photo title, I'm guessing that it's mine??

Excellent guesses Roger!  And, as promised (http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6514.msg42533.html#msg42533), there are indeed prizes for correct guesses, of which there were many, some straight up and others highly embellished.  Tallying the scores to determine winners was virtually impossible due to the maelstrom of comment which ensued at the March Pilots Meeting when the photos were presented.  So I have decided to offer to all TEMAC members complimentary portraits of themselves with their favourite RC creations at the TEMAC Maiden Fest at Rogo Field on Saturday May 5, starting at 1:00 p.m.

Looking forward to tasting your RC eye candy!

Cheers!

Andy Hoffer

sihinch

Woah! That's an awesome prize! Thanks Andy.

I guess I'd better build something quickly!  ;D

Wingnutz

Quote from: RogMason on March 29, 2018, 09:42:18 AM
Andy,

Roger That!
Methinks Simon's biscuit tin is actually a clock.
Reading Piker's ladder epic (retrieving a model from its storage spot if I understood correctly) got me wondering if TEMAC should do "TEMAC's Outer Sanctum" (where we store models when they're not being built, flown or repaired) followup to Andy's "TEMAC... the Inner Sanctum" photo gallery.
If Cadez's home is still the way it was when I was last there, he could do a virtual tour of almost every room in his house!
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

RogMason

Ha ha LOL Bill!  You are right, it is indeed a clock. 
I couldn't see that on my phone but it is clear on the computer screen.
I still think it's Simon however  :-)

My workshop photo is a bit of a set up, as it is actually my garage in Florida, which doubles as a workshop.  As you can see, I still employ the clothes horse 'drying frame' for holding the aircraft when I need two hands. :-)
'Roger That...'