E F 1 Pylon Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, February 28, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Here are the 2018 E F 1 Pylon Race Dates. Start time 10:30 am with 4 rounds of racing, can run more if the pilots want it. So come out for a fun day of racing or just spectating. We can always get the spectators in the action as well by timing and lap counting.
Also it is now mandatory for all pilots and workers to wear helmets while racing, this is as per the MAAC pylon racing rules.

Race Dates- Sun May 27 or June 3 [June 3 if field is wet], Sun Sept 9 and Sun Sept 30.

Ken

cpaine

only 2 months away?!?!...  i should have a brand spankin new Toni by then!.. Hard to build with a 5 yr old running around, but somehow i find the time.  ;D
maac #26951

sihinch

Nice Cory.

Any updates on the Estrelita kit availability?

Polecat

Quote from: sihinch on March 12, 2018, 10:32:27 AM
Nice Cory.

Any updates on the Estrelita kit availability?

Simon   Kits are available from Carolina Custom Kits, I don't know the cost. If you where ordering one, order with the foam core wing, as it is easier to build.
Carolina kits come with the plastic cowl and canopy hatch but Don Stegal is making molds to product glass parts.
I could help you do a foam wing or do it for you.
Still no ARF's from World Models and haven't heard when.
The kit would be a good project for next winter.

Ken

cpaine

Simon, I wrote my buddy in the states. this was his reply.... im not sure who the guys in montana are... but we can figure it out.

From the creator and friend Danny Kane.

The ARF has pretty much died.  We were working with Airborne Models and they have too much inventory of the Scarlet Screamer and Outrageous to start a new project.  Nitro Planes SUCKS!  My contact at Hobby King has moved on.  Horizon and Hobbico not interested.  Blah, blah blah.  Crap. 

Carolina Custom Kits is doing the laser cutting, He has landing gear.  Only thing available is built up wings unless someone does some foam stuff on their own. 

The guys in Montana are cutting some kits again, they have the Toni, with foam wings and now the GR7.  The guy works for Central Hobbies, his name is Shane Elbert. 

That's all I have right now.

DK
maac #26951

Polecat

Just a reminder about our pylon race on Sun. May 27, 10:30 am, hope to see everyone.
Our field should be in good shape as it is being rolled tomorrow, hope the weather holds up from now till the race and not to much rain.
Our field has been very wet, haven't seen it this bad in years.
Also if you could bring a spectator/helper, we can always use a course worker.

Ken

cpaine

Sweet! get that out house vertical! very important!
maac #26951

Frank v B

OK, the caravan will form at Country Style Donuts at Hiway 9 and 27 (4 km west of 400) at 8:30 am. for caffeine top-ups.  We'll leave for Pylon 1 at 9 am.  We could use some members who don't fly EF-1 to cheer us on and be course volunteers.  The event is always a blast.

Calling Michael, Glenn, the Hazmat brothers (Mike and Greg), Simon, Hagenseseses?,

Frank "Pogo" van Beurden

ps: Still have to maiden my new Pogo after drilling the old one into the ground last year.
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on May 15, 2018, 08:39:23 PM
OK, the caravan will form at Country Style Donuts at Hiway 9 and 27 (4 km west of 400) at 8:30 am. for caffeine top-ups.  We'll leave for Pylon 1 at 9 am.  We could use some members who don't fly EF-1 to cheer us on and be course volunteers.  The event is always a blast.

Calling Michael, Glenn, the Hazmat brothers (Mike and Greg), Simon, Hagenseseses?,

Frank "Pogo" van Beurden

ps: Still have to maiden my new Pogo after drilling the old one into the ground last year.
Frank- Country Style Donuts is closed down, I was past it on my away to the Swap Meet in April, there is a Tim's at 9 and Airport road. Also on your way to our field, there is a bridge out and some detours. I will email you some directions.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

We will re-group.  We will overcome!  Details to follow.

Frank

Frank v B

Maidened the new Pogo.

Flew fine. 
Two changes: First: have to crank up the elevator and aileron throws a bit. Don't worry Corey.  No squirrily ****.  Secondly, have to stop the battery from moving side to side and a bit of fore and aft movement.  Noticeable on the trims during the flight.

Yes, I put on the wheel pants for extra speed so I can come last faster! 8)  Objective: a fast last!!! ;D

Frank

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on May 21, 2018, 10:09:27 AM
Maidened the new Pogo.

Flew fine. 
Two changes: First: have to crank up the elevator and aileron throws a bit. Don't worry Corey.  No squirrily ****.  Secondly, have to stop the battery from moving side to side and a bit of fore and aft movement.  Noticeable on the trims during the flight.

Yes, I put on the wheel pants for extra speed so I can come last faster! 8)  Objective: a fast last!!! ;D

Frank

Frank Did you put any right thrust, when mounting the motor, it will help on the take offs. Guys are putting it in the Toni's and the Estrelitita has it built in.
Just a note to the E F 1 guys, I am toying with the idea of moving the race to Sun June 3 because of the help issue and a good turn out of pilots, please let me know your thoughts about this. I really need to know how many Temac guys are coming.
This will only happen if all the pilots are in agreement to reschedule.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

Built the motor thrust as-is.  Had no problem on take-off.

Next Sunday or Sunday June 3rd is fine for me.  Your call.

Frank

sihinch

June 3rd is good for me.

Forecast for next weekend looks a bit crappy.

Polecat

Quote from: sihinch on May 21, 2018, 06:21:45 PM
June 3rd is good for me.

Forecast for next weekend looks a bit crappy.

Thanks guys for getting back, only have to here from a couple more Temac pilots.
Will get back to you this week.

Ken