E F 1 Pylon Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, February 28, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyflyer

If I don't crash my Shoestring by then, I am willing to try a race. June 3rd is fine for me.

Stephan

Polecat

Quote from: Crazyflyer on May 21, 2018, 09:00:09 PM
If I don't crash my Shoestring by then, I am willing to try a race. June 3rd is fine for me.

Stephan

Stephan That's great your giving pylon racing a go, there is a lot guys who can help you up at the race.

Ken

cpaine

June 3rd is good with the Brantford boys. 
maac #26951

cpaine

Quote from: Crazyflyer on May 21, 2018, 09:00:09 PM

Stephan

Welcome Stephan! Hope you can make it. Its a great field and some fun racing!

maac #26951

cpaine

I  finally had my maiden flight on my scratch built  lil' Toni. Tonis (and ef1s in general) tend to have a bad tendency to jump to the left on take off, causing for a side ways flying airplane usually resulting in a tip stall, then the inevitable  ???  As Ken mentioned earlier, the newer ef1s are being built with right thrust built into the firewall. On this Toni, i added a 1/16th washer under the 2 left side motor standoffs, giving the motor right thrust. plane will take off a lot straighter with minimal rudder input. Also, a good push from your helper (caller) at full throttle, gets the airplane on a good track right away.

Cheers Fellas!!
go fast, turn left.
Cory
maac #26951

sihinch

Nice plane! I see you're still ugly though!!  ;D

cpaine

Hahaha. at least you didnt call me pretty!
maac #26951

Polecat

E F 1 guys we are going with June the 3rd. Frank I will email you the new directions as a bridge is out on the 20th side road.
Hoping to hear from a couple more Temac guys [Glen & Mike].

Ken

electroflyer

Hi Ken,

June 3rd works for me, Looking forward to it!

Glenn

Polecat

Quote from: electroflyer on May 26, 2018, 05:23:32 PM
   Hi Ken,

June 3rd works for me, Looking forward to it!

Glenn

Glenn, Will see you on June 3, I will be emailing the Temac guys with the new directions to our field, as there is bridge under construction on 20th side road and a detour.

Ken

Frank v B

Ken,

You guys better get ready. 

Michael just maidened his Scarlet Screamer (Rob's plane) and I have 3 trim flights on my new Pogo.  Stephan maidened his Shoestring. 
You, Dave, Richard and Cory must be shaking in your boots. 
The battle for last place has never seen so much competition!!! 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Polecat

Quote from: Frank v B on May 27, 2018, 04:42:10 PM
Ken,

You guys better get ready. 

Michael just maidened his Scarlet Screamer (Rob's plane) and I have 3 trim flights on my new Pogo.  Stephan maidened his Shoestring. 
You, Dave, Richard and Cory must be shaking in your boots. 
The battle for last place has never seen so much competition!!! 8)

Frank

Frank  That's great you guys where out practicing, I haven't been out to do some laps yet, maybe tomorrow.
I have sent you the email with the directions, I guess you will be heading up the Temac train on Sun.
Any questions just email or message me.

Ken

Crazyflyer

Well sorry guys but I am officially no longer in the EF1 owners club.
This evening I was practicing with my shoestring, on my 4th battery during a high speed turn, the plane got squirrelly and I couldn't recover.
I will be sticking to my FPV wing racing instead, where 120mph into the ground is still repairable!!
Have fun on Saturday!!

Stephan

cpaine

Quote from: Crazyflyer on May 28, 2018, 09:39:57 PM
Well sorry guys but I am officially no longer in the EF1 owners club.
This evening I was practicing with my shoestring, on my 4th battery during a high speed turn, the plane got squirrelly and I couldn't recover.
I will be sticking to my FPV wing racing instead, where 120mph into the ground is still repairable!!
Have fun on Saturday!!

Stephan
Well that sucks! EF1s do not like hard turns, high speed stall with probably no room to recover. I fly high rates and lots of expo for landing, and low rates approx 1/8 delflection for racing.... that's too bad. Maybe you can come out and check it out anyways?!
I'll let the TEMAC boys work on ya!
Rest in pieces shoestring! Miller time!
Cory
maac #26951

sihinch

Oh no Stephan, I'm sorry. The racing gods can be cruel.  :(