E F 1 Pylon Racing at Orangeville

Started by Polecat, February 28, 2018, 03:26:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polecat

Quote from: Crazyflyer on May 28, 2018, 09:39:57 PM
Well sorry guys but I am officially no longer in the EF1 owners club.
This evening I was practicing with my shoestring, on my 4th battery during a high speed turn, the plane got squirrelly and I couldn't recover.
I will be sticking to my FPV wing racing instead, where 120mph into the ground is still repairable!!
Have fun on Saturday!!

Stephan

Stephan  I am very sorry to hear about your crash, that really sucks. Cory is right about the high speed stall, you can't really pull E F 1's  around tite. They are not bank and yank airplanes. Save all the parts, you can make up a new plane this winter or someone else could.
Hook up with one of the guys and come to the race to see what we do. Also bring your FPV wing racer.

Ken

Crazyflyer

Yes, I assumed this was similar to the Piker class. I thought it was very odd to go into a bit of a spin at such a fast speed.

One of my faster wings has an ESC problem, I will see if I can get it going by Saturday.

Stephan

Polecat

Quote from: Crazyflyer on May 28, 2018, 10:27:06 PM
Yes, I assumed this was similar to the Piker class. I thought it was very odd to go into a bit of a spin at such a fast speed.

One of my faster wings has an ESC problem, I will see if I can get it going by Saturday.

Stephan

Stephan  Come up and see the racing, we will get you into it, by doing some calling for the pilots and timing/lap counting. You will have a fun day.
The Temac guys have a blast up here, its just so much fun.

Ken