Toby's Field Report

Started by gmcnic, March 02, 2018, 06:55:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmcnic

So Toby decided to go check out the field earlier this week.
I must say, it is looking in great shape so far as we head into spring.

Some of you noticed the runway staples have popped up a couple inches due to freezing.
While the top layer of the ground is soft, it remains quite firm just a few inches below. So if you are trying to step on the staples to push them down, please be careful not to bend them.

Also, as we head into warmer temperatures, it would be really great if we could limit walking on the runway/taxiways to avoid deep footprints.  The less we walk on them now, the smoother they will be all summer.

Cheers,
Graham

Andy Hoffer

Hey @gmcnic,

Maybe we could give Toby a job chasing errant pilots off the Geotex while the ground firms up.  He looks very alert!!

Andy

BJROB

Hey its good to see Toby checking things out  :P
hey someone set the wind sock free 8)  what's left of it :'(
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

sihinch

Has Toby paid his 2018 membership? I don't think I've seen him before.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on March 02, 2018, 12:51:01 PM
Has Toby paid his 2018 membership? I don't think I've seen him before.

Hi @sihinch

I will be issuing him a complimentary membership in lieu of his pro "bone" professional services to the club, graciously secured by @gmcnic ! 8)

Andy Hoffer
Secretary-Treasurer and Membership Director, TEMAC

Michael

Can we drive in?

I guess skis and floats are not practical anymore. Can we take off with wheels from the runway?

Michael

gmcnic

Yes, no problem driving in.
You will have to mind the staples along the edges and centre line.

Gregor77

Driving in can still be dangerous.. just make sure not to get too close to the sides.   

Frank v B

Just keep Mike "Mr. Waterslide" Hazelton away from the field.  He has acquired the knack of getting his car stuck in the mud... if you spill a cup of water on the driveway.  ;)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on March 03, 2018, 10:44:58 PM
Just keep Mike "Mr. Waterslide" Hazelton away from the field.  He has acquired the knack of getting his car stuck in the mud... if you spill a cup of water on the driveway.  ;)

Frank

This is very reminiscent of Carole King's sequel tune, "I Feel the Earth Move (Under My Wheels)". 8)

Andy