Flyzone AM6 Japanese Zero Reduced price again - March 28

Started by Ex14th, March 08, 2018, 09:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex14th

Selling a FlyZone AM6 Japanese Zero.

This is the link to a video on its review:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obpAjge7WWQ

I have also found a very lengthy review on the product.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/article_display.cfm?article_id=1597

The bomb was lost on the 2nd flight, never bothered to look for it in the maze of tall corn stalks around the field.

Will include two APC e-props of different sizes to evaluate flight performance.

In pretty clean shape, I might still have the landing gear doors lying around and will be included if I found them, otherwise, selling as is.

The size of the pictures taken are too big to upload, let me know if you want any pictures.

Priced to sell at $180 or reasonable offers, pick up at your convenience .

Thx,

Alex

Ex14th

New price March 11th.

How about $160 pick up?

Andy Hoffer

bweaver

@Andy Hoffer ,  Now the price is going back up with the availability of the bomb!  ::)

Looks like a great plane. Unfortunately I have too many warbirds at the present time.

Andy Hoffer

sihinch

Andy Hoffer

@sihinch

By Jove, I think you're you're right!  Upon closer examination of my recovery photos I see now that the lateral struts on the tail fins of the recovered bomb are scalloped, while those of the Flyzone AM6 Zero are not.  Now you just need to make a scale "Mini-Me Simon" to ride the bomb as illustrated.

You can make your payment for the recovery and salvage operation payable directly to @BJROB .  A 1970 Mk84 2000 lb bomb goes for about $3100.  Since it's about 1/6 scale, that brings the price down to about $500.  The recovered one is slightly used, has a few surface defects, and is missing the explosive charge, so that would bring the price down further to about $20, plus search and rescue fees, and carrying and preliminary restoration charges!  So I'd say 16.5 pounds, or about $30 Canadian, would be quite reasonable.  My photographs are complimentary.  I'm sure @Frank v B and @bweaver can help you with the final restoration to ensure proper flight dynamics and structural integrity. 8)

@Ex14th , sorry we couldn't find your bomb!

Andy

Ex14th

I really wanted to thank you guys for finding "the" bomb for me, I was so excited that the recovery of the bomb might even help me to sell the plane couple of bucks more just as Andy had suggested.

The story goes that Simon was out on a sortie in his RAF Spitfire MK 24, and successfully hit the target - the 500 acres corn field, but his crew did not arm the bomb for him before taking off though because it was a last minute decision, based on locating the corn field by one member of the daring TEMAC Force, hence, the bomb didn't set off and was found intact.

The finding of the bomb did create a commotion though, as they sent in the local EOD Team to disarm it.

Anyway, a great by-gone story Capt. Simon, now I can go back and watch my last episode of the "Piece of cake" 

Take care guys,

Alex

sihinch

A piece of cake - great show, Alex. Didn't think many people knew about it!

Ex14th

And I was just telling the story of one of the episodes. And the poor guy had to go back the 2nd time and did things right, and missed his 3:00 p.m. high tea, lol. 

Ex14th

March 28th

How about $150 pick up? The flying season is upon us now, this is receiver ready, and "battle proven" LOL

Ex14th

April 19th: can bring it to the 905 swap meet.