Moshe's B17

Started by Michael, March 29, 2018, 09:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Moshe bought this used/new/unused partially built B17 bomber, and asked me to finish it. It's been a more work than I anticipated, but it's almost finished; a few more days to go.

It's big. It has 4 motors (obviously), 3-blade props, lights, flaps and retracts.
Michael

bweaver

Love to see that plane Moshe...  I am so glad to see you having so much fun starting off in this hobby and aspiring to so much more.   Keeeeep at it!

Michael, it is really great that you are helping Moshe with this challenge.  I love his spirit and your continued support to club  members is always welcome.

Michael, I also love seeing in the photo that you have your Cub fully repaired and ready for the June 30th Cub Fun Day.  In honour of your repair and demonstration of skill last year, I am going to have a new event in honour of last years limbo event.  The event will be called "avoid the pole".  If you can manage not hitting the pole this year Michael, you win!  And if we can keep BJ from landing in the wind sock and Vadim avoiding the windsock pole as well, they will be 'runners up'...  I bet you can't wait until you see the prizes you will win for accomplishing these amazing feats.  It's not going to be easy as you think or hope.  Now you have all this time to sweat about it.

Moshe, I can't wait to see you flying this warbird.  Are you going to race it once you are ready?  Or are you going to stoically fly around overhead while the rest of us try to out run each other?

Gregor77

Cool, I just purchased a Royal models B-17 that is a bit bigger, should look nice together...

Michael

This one has a 73" wingspan.

I've set it up so all propellers turn up and into the fuselage.

I'll adjust the throws to what seems reasonable, and then I'll call Moshe to bring his batteries and balance the plane.

Then we wait for a nice weather day .....  :)
Michael