Field conditions???

Started by Frank v B, March 30, 2018, 06:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on April 15, 2018, 03:00:43 PM
Quote from: Michael on April 15, 2018, 02:02:02 PM
Field conditions today are February.

Thanks for the clarity of your description Michael. Now I know what weather I missed.  NOT!

Yeah, baby!!!  Spring as it should be @bweaver !!!  Gotta love my snow pants!!   8)

Andy

pmackenzie

I saw a report on TV last week.
We had several double digit temperature days in February. 1 in March and I think 1 so far in April.

My brother and I are headed to Poway CA (near San Diego) next week for a DLG contest. No snow there :)

Pat MacKenzie

octagon

What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 16, 2018, 12:48:52 PM
I saw a report on TV last week.
We had several double digit temperature days in February. 1 in March and I think 1 so far in April.

My brother and I are headed to Poway CA (near San Diego) next week for a DLG contest. No snow there :)

Pat MacKenzie

Hey Pat,

Are you planning to go up into the mountains to do someslope soaring.  The terrain and location look perfect for it.

Have a great trip and best of luck to you and Ivan in the contest.  We'll look forward to some posts and pix.

Andy

pmackenzie

Never done sloping.
You can't really do it in Ontario, and the last thing I need is yet another flying addiction :)

(Ronald Koo, who I think used to be a TEMAC member, does manage to slope fly in and around TO. Keele valley landfill is one of the sites he uses.
Has to hop some fences to do it :) )

Also hope the winds will be too light for slope, we want good thermal weather. And no snow of course :)
I will post some results when we get back.
I am sort of a middle of the pack flyer at best. Lots of reasons for that. One of the big ones is launch height. I throw about 150', the top guys are well over 200'.

My usual goal is to beat my brother Ivan, and often we finish very close together,  but lately he has been walking all over me  :'(

One thing we do have is the best looking models, our "Team Canada" NXTs look (and fly) amazing :)

Pat MacKenzie

sihinch

Good luck Pat & Ivan. They Surely are lovely looking aircraft. Keep us posted, please!

mawz

Pat,

Don't forget we folks over at SOGGI have a slope site ;-) But it's a bit of a trip from TO. I hear there's another nice one up near Collingwood.

Good luck with the contest!

-Adam