HK SpitFire Mk24 v2

Started by Oscar, March 30, 2018, 08:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar

Although HK listed free shipping to Canada from International warehouse when over $150 USD, if you read the fine print, you will noticed RC Planes is not part of the free shipping.

Earlier this month, HK re-released the SpitFire Mk24 v2 with RAF squadron 80 scheme.  I was planning to get one.  That's when I discovered this plane can do free shipping.  If you are interested to get one, get one from the International warehouse before they add it back to exclusion.

Andy Hoffer

What a crock!   >:(

Thanks for the heads up Oscar. 

Andy

Gregor77

But did you not get the plane Oscar?

Oscar

I did.  Free shipping from HK international warehouse.  It arrives in Canada in 15 days thru SingPost / CanadaPost.  No handling fees, not even tax.

This is the only one I found so far that can do free shipping from international warehouse.  :D

Oscar

With Glenn's help, I maidened the SF.  (Thank you Glenn) The SF has a very scale look and it runs on 4S2200mah (not 3S like the v1).  Glenn also did a stall test and only a bit of nose drop and can easily recover.  For $155USD with free shipping from International warehouse (thru SingPost, not UPS/FedEx), this plane definitely a keeper. 

Palkina

Nice one Oscar. You were very lucky with HK.  :D

We got lured into HK and ordered some stuff thinking it was a "free shipping". It turnned out that the customs brokerage "compensated" for the free shipping.  :-X

Canuke

I'm not sure I follow this chat. I ordered the new Durafly 109 from the US location and the shipping was free. I ordered it on May 2 and received it May 8.
"US Warehouse
All orders of $50 and over, qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse to all states of US excluding Alaska and Hawaii. The maximum allowable weight to qualify for free shipping from the US warehouse is 30kgs. This has been extended to Canada as well."
It is a beautiful model.

Palkina

@Canuke

We ordered some stuff from US location and got free shipping. However, after a month or so, a bill arrived from the shipping company asking to paid the brokerage fees.  :-X

Gil.E

Quote from: Canuke on May 13, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
I'm not sure I follow this chat. I ordered the new Durafly 109 from the US location and the shipping was free. I ordered it on May 2 and received it May 8.

@Canuke
What Carlos is referring to is the Fedex Express Ground shipment Invoice that accompanies all Hobbyking free shipments from the US warehouse.

See the attached example received from FedEx for the Hobbyking Canadian Vampire order (plus a couple of small items). While the Canada HST amount of $27 is unavoidable, FedEx charged an additional $63 CDN for "advancement Fee+Clearance entry fee+HST on Ancillary service fee".

It might take 2 to 3 weeks but it's very likely you will receive a similar Invoice from FedEx for your Durfly Me109  for a similar amount, which can add up to 40% of the model cost. 
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

Canuke

I agree. I have seen additional charges later and I have also seen no additional charges later. It seems to be a hit or miss scenario. I guess we will have to wait and see. At this stage in my life (age 74) I like getting the product quickly and enjoy flying it and the few additional dollars are not going to make a difference in my life.

Oscar

Hopefully you will get lucky this time.   :)

Michael

As I have expressed before, I am a big fan of local hobby stores.

I usually ask them to order what I want. Usually, they have it for me in a week, and the price usually beats ordering it and paying for shipping.

Michael

Canuke

Can you order HobbyKing (Durafly) models from local hobby stores?
I did buy the FMS Voodoo P51 from Zoomroom over the winter. It also is a beautiful model. It just depends on which plane you want and where it is available.