Magnus Effect Rc plane

Started by Crazyflyer, April 18, 2018, 07:45:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyflyer

bweaver

Amazing! Thanks for posting.   ;D

Wingnutz

Very cool! I'm almost tempted to try...looks to me like the paddle wheel wing thing is free wheeling or is it driven?
DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Crazyflyer

The wheel seems free, probably why you need a good launch.

sihinch

It does look interesting but from watching the video (without the sound on) it looks pretty poorly controlled! Not sure it would be fun to fly???

Wingnutz

Quote from: sihinch on April 19, 2018, 10:35:47 AM
It does look interesting but from watching the video (without the sound on) it looks pretty poorly controlled! Not sure it would be fun to fly???
Fully recognizing that we all have our own way(s) of enjoying RC, I'd get a huge kick out of doing something a bit off the wall...even more if I can get it to work! As far as the control thing goes, it's certainly no 3D machine and it'll never take over as the next Warwing but I've seen some conventional style models at ROGO that didn't look anywhere nearly as controlled! If I can figure out the bearing for the "rotor", I think I'll give it a try!

bweaver

Quote from: Wingnutz on April 19, 2018, 01:52:03 PM
Quote from: sihinch on April 19, 2018, 10:35:47 AM
Fully recognizing that we all have our own way(s) of enjoying RC, I'd get a huge kick out of doing something a bit off the wall...even more if I can get it to work! As far as the control thing goes, it's certainly no 3D machine and it'll never take over as the next Warwing but I've seen some conventional style models at ROGO that didn't look anywhere nearly as controlled! If I can figure out the bearing for the "rotor", I think I'll give it a try!

1) It's not fast enough for Simon
2) I think it would look great trailing a ribbon
3) And who's planes might you be referring too?

Wingnutz

1) It's not fast enough for Simon
2) I think it would look great trailing a ribbon
3) And who's planes might you be referring too?

Bruce,
I agree with one and two.
3....sometimes mine but I'll leave you to figure out who the best, most consistent "planters" are ;D

bweaver

pmackenzie

Look - it's a bird - it's a plane - it's a, it's a  .....
What the heck is it?

Crazyflyer

Bill actually you can sharpen the base of the post, have the battery a little bit higher and land it like an actual lawn dart!!
Finally someone will plant their plane on purpose without damage!!!  ;D

Quote from: Wingnutz on April 19, 2018, 04:36:37 PM
3....sometimes mine but I'll leave you to figure out who the best, most consistent "planters" are ;D

Wingnutz

Quote from: pmackenzie on April 19, 2018, 07:57:34 PM
Look - it's a bird - it's a plane - it's a, it's a  .....
What the heck is it?
A flying slingshot maybe? ;D

BJROB

What if you set up some bowling pins on the run way and try to knock them down.  ??? ::)
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!