Interesting Historical Piece on Manufacture of B-24 Liberator at Ford Willow Run

Started by Andy Hoffer, April 21, 2018, 08:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

https://www.youtube.com/embed/iKlt6rNciTo?rel=0

Very interesting historical piece!  The long hangar at Willow Run, Michigan has a 90 degree turn in it so Henry Ford would not have to pay taxes in the next county.  That short end is being saved and restored today as a museum. The big hanger doors are still operational after all these years.

This is one of the best and most informative clips about a great American accomplishment, thanks to the Ford Motor Company during WWII. A  Ford Airplane! AMAZING!

Production began here 6 months BEFORE Pearl Harbor!  Henry Ford was determined  that he could mass produce bombers just as he had with cars, so he built  the Willow Run assembly plant and proved it.  This was the world's largest building under one roof at the time.  This film will absolutely blow you away -- one B-24 every 55 minutes! Ford had its own pilots to test them.  And no recalls!

Enjoy!

Andy

BJROB

That was so interesting in such a short pice of propaganda
As to the capabilities of some one with vision....
My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

octagon

Henry Ford also built a lot of truck the army used. Problem was it was the German Army using them! He also sent Hitler 50,000 Reichsmarks on every of his birthdays.
What could possibly go wrong?