Canada Cub Fun Fly Day Proposal...response requested

Started by Wingnutz, April 24, 2018, 11:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wingnutz

TEMAC CFI and Cub Day organizer Bruce Weaver has suggested we move Cub Day 2018 from Saturday June 30, to July 1(Canada Day) so we could celebrate the Cub and Canadian Aviation on Canada Day, making it CANADA CUB FUN FLY DAY!
Here's Bruce's outline for TEMAC's Cub Day

"What an iconic aircraft the Piper Cub is!  Let's celebrate this fantastic aircraft by having a Cub Fun-Day at TEMAC Rogo Field.It was this plane that got me into aviation and model aircraft...  I've never looked back. (Well only on occasion.)Bring your Cub to the field.
If you don't have a CUB of any sort, any 'yellow aircraft' will do.
If you don't have a CUB or a 'yellow aircraft' any 'high-wing aircraft' will do.
If you don't have a CUB, 'yellow aircraft' or 'high-wing aircraft' any aircraft with a wing or two will do.
Just come out.  Have fun flying and enjoy the company of all the other TEMAC members that can make it.

As a longtime champion of Canadian content over ROGO, here's my outline for a proposed Canada Day Fun Fly

"Bring your model of a "Canadian"* aircraft to ROGO on Canada Day and join other TEMACers in celebrating Canada's proud aviation heritage"
* definition of "Canadian" for Fun Fly purposes
"Any model of a fullsize aircraft designed or built in Canada or bearing Canadian civilian or military markings. Failing that, any model that is red and white, or red or white, or at least has a maple leaf on it somewhere!"

Bruce suggested we combine the two days and hold the event on Sunday July 1! I like his idea!

Please let us know whether this is a like for you too...or not before we make the change official.

DOWN WITH GRAVITY! UP WITH LEVITY!

Andy Hoffer

Can't wait to see @bweaver's  prototype yellow Warwings Cub!  :D

Andy

sihinch

I recently built a nano Skyhunter FPV plane and painted it yellow and added RCAF search and rescue markings! So I think I qualify.  :D

I just need to check timing with the Boss!