Field cleanup and Warwing party.

Started by Frank v B, April 25, 2018, 04:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

The scedule shows the field clean-up party is this coming Saturday April 28 at 9:30 am.  The final go/no-go decision rests with our Field Guru Mr. Graham.
If the decision is that everything is a "go"... based on the latest weather report, I will be at the Woodbine Tim's by 8:45 for a caffeine top-up.  This way Graham can meet us and get to the field early for the guys who arrive from the east (you know, the 3 wise men including Cadez and Greg H. ;D)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

octagon

See you at Timmy's Frank. I will stay as long as I can, but I have to be in Owen Sound by 2 for a ********* shower
What could possibly go wrong?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on April 25, 2018, 05:53:46 PM
See you at Timmy's Frank. I will stay as long as I can, but I have to be in Owen Sound by 2 for a ********* shower

Hey @octagon ,
I could fly you there from Oshawa in 67 minutes, so you'd have lots of time at TEMAC before you go!  We could even fly over the field and wave en route.  You pay for the plane ($220/hr, all in, i.e. $242 each way), and you get me for nothing (which is about what @Frank v B would say I'm worth!).  Or, I could pick you up at Buttonville Airport and get you to Owen Sound in 56 minutes - that would save you $40 each way!  You could get us priority clearance from CYKZ Twr on 124.8.  I could hang out at Owen Sound airport and enjoy a sumptuous meal at Tilly's Café and Bakery, or I could be your personal celeb photographer for the ********* shower.  Maybe if I do some family portraits your family could pay for your whole flight!!! At the very least, the ********* shower would be less painful!!!  :D

Andy

P.S.  My wife Mita wants to know if it's a baby shower or a wedding shower, and what you plan to give for a gift! 
Andy

Frank v B

Rob,

Careful!!  All you need is a **********pilot attending the **********shower with you. :D

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

piker

That's a long way to go for a *c*o*l*d* shower.  You must be feeling the Spring weather a little too much!

octagon

Andy, thank you for your generous offer. I considered it for a nanosecond, but have decided I would like my wife to come with me, and she will not get into anything smaller than a 767. It is a wedding shower, and 3 weeks from now we fly to the DR for the wedding (in a 767). Rob, you are right, it is a long way to go, but, awe, the beauty of downtown Owen Sound is not easily dismissed! Frank, I would be happy to have Andy there. That way there would be at least 200 pictures of the event.
See you guys Saturday morning.

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: octagon on April 26, 2018, 08:38:27 AM
Andy, thank you for your generous offer. I considered it for a nanosecond, but have decided I would like my wife to come with me, and she will not get into anything smaller than a 767. It is a wedding shower, and 3 weeks from now we fly to the DR for the wedding (in a 767). Rob, you are right, it is a long way to go, but, awe, the beauty of downtown Owen Sound is not easily dismissed! Frank, I would be happy to have Andy there. That way there would be at least 200 pictures of the event.
See you guys Saturday morning.

Hi @octagon,

If I could just speak with your wife for 5 minutes I'm sure I could get her to buy into the Cessna idea.  Once I tell her a few @Frank v B  anecdotes, she'd be totally mellow and quite comfortable in the Cessna.  Just imagine what you and I could do for her mental well-being with a one-hour flight filled with Frank stories!!  :D

Andy

octagon

Yes Andy, those soothing words and about 4 Ativan pills should do it. Or maybe just 4 ounces of Irish Whisky.

gmcnic

Field Cleanup- I have been watching the weather forecasts for the past week, going from worst to good to fair for tomorrow morning.  With light rain possible, I would like to go ahead with the cleanup for Saturday, 28/Apr at 9:30AM. 

Let's bring some garden rakes to work on pot holes in the lane way, a couple of spreaders for the grass seed, and some muscle to work the roller around the runway and pit area.  There will be some lighter work needing to get done so if muscles are already sore, don't worry.  Come on out anyway.

Although Frank is meeting for a caffeine fix at Tim's around 8:30AM, I will probably go directly to the field.
I was at the field this afternoon and except for the mushy ground surface, everything looks pretty good.
Caffeine & sweats will follow.

See you in the morning.
Graham

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: gmcnic on April 27, 2018, 04:49:29 PM
Field Cleanup- I have been watching the weather forecasts for the past week, going from worst to good to fair for tomorrow morning.  With light rain possible, I would like to go ahead with the cleanup for Saturday, 28/Apr at 9:30AM. 

Let's bring some garden rakes to work on pot holes in the lane way, a couple of spreaders for the grass seed, and some muscle to work the roller around the runway and pit area.  There will be some lighter work needing to get done so if muscles are already sore, don't worry.  Come on out anyway.

Although Frank is meeting for a caffeine fix at Tim's around 8:30AM, I will probably go directly to the field.
I was at the field this afternoon and except for the mushy ground surface, everything looks pretty good.
Caffeine & sweats will follow.

See you in the morning.
Graham

I don't mind a good workout, but casffeine and sweets would be nicer!!   8)

Andy

Gerald Danen

"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

Gerald Danen

I seem to have misplaced me garden tools...perhaps someone could bring an extra steel rake so I can make myself useful.
"Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance."

gmcnic

"but casffeine and sweets..."

Since neither Andy nor I can type properly, how about "coffee and donuts"

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: gmcnic on April 27, 2018, 09:14:06 PM
"but casffeine and sweets..."

Since neither Andy nor I can type properly, how about "coffee and donuts"

Now that's worth singing in the rain!!  I'll be there!   8)

Andy

sihinch

Thank you to everyone who made it out this morning to help with the Spring field maintenance. It was wonderful that so many of you supported the event. The Board really do appreciate all the help and it ensures our field gets better year after year.

I remember back in 2012 or 2013, we'd had 2 or 3 weeks of nice weather after winter but the driveway, parking and field were completely waterlogged. We had to wait what seemed an age before we could fly - it was torture! With the work we do every year to help drainage, gravel and grass, our flying season gets longer.

Thanks again! And it was lovely to see many faces for the first time since last season.

Shame about the Warwing race!  At least I won (according to Andy!)