Field cleanup and Warwing party.

Started by Frank v B, April 25, 2018, 04:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: sihinch on April 28, 2018, 05:07:03 PM
Thank you to everyone who made it out this morning to help with the Spring field maintenance. It was wonderful that so many of you supported the event. The Board really do appreciate all the help and it ensures our field gets better year after year.

I remember back in 2012 or 2013, we'd had 2 or 3 weeks of nice weather after winter but the driveway, parking and field were completely waterlogged. We had to wait what seemed an age before we could fly - it was torture! With the work we do every year to help drainage, gravel and grass, our flying season gets longer.

Thanks again! And it was lovely to see many faces for the first time since last season.

Shame about the Warwing race!  At least I won (according to Andy!)

Excuse me?!!!   8)

Andy

sihinch

bweaver

@sihinch and what does @Andy Hoffer know? 

Further Simon, there is nothing to be ashamed about with our very first competitive warwing race of the season. 

I will give it to you that when our planes finally came to rest (after you ran into me in the turn), yours was closer to the pylon turning point than mine was.  But then again, you did run into me. You only damaged a prop and my warwing only suffered a flesh-wound.  We will have to have DO-OVER.

Who should be shamed, are those who feared to bring their warwings out of their vehicles and enter the first racing challenge of the season.  But if 'karma' really exists, one of those to whom I am referring to, had to walk out into the muddy field to recover their warwing later on. I would however like to say thank you to the nameless, ( @electroflyer ) for retrieving most of my remaining warwing pieces and returning them to me, to aid in my aircraft's future reconstruction. 

I would also sincerely like to thank @ethane  for retrieving my downed warwing from the field and taking the boot mud hit for me.  Many thanks.  (By the way Ethane, you will have no trouble getting your 'wings' this year, after demonstrating such good judgment in your actions.)

Now, as Andy would say "Let the flying season begin for the wimps."

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on April 28, 2018, 06:34:37 PM

Further Simon, there is nothing to be ashamed about with our very first competitive warwing race of the season. 

I will give it to you that when our planes finally came to rest (after you ran into me in the turn), yours was closer to the pylon turning point than mine was.  But then again, you did run into me. You only damaged a prop and my warwing only suffered a flesh-wound.  We will have to have DO-OVER.

Who should be shamed, are those who feared to bring their warwings out of their vehicles and enter the first racing challenge of the season.  But if 'karma' really exists, one of those to whom I am referring to, had to walk out into the muddy field to recover their warwing later on. I would however like to say thank you to the nameless, ( @electroflyer ) for retrieving most of my remaining warwing pieces and returning them to me, to aid in my aircraft's future reconstruction. 

I would also sincerely like to thank @ethane  for retrieving my downed warwing from the field and taking the boot mud hit for me.  Many thanks.  (By the way Ethane, you will have no trouble getting your 'wings' this year, after demonstrating such good judgment in your actions.)

Shame on me for ever saying such a thing!  I will do a penance and spend extra time reviewing today's photos!!  8)

Andy

Crazyflyer

A few pictures from today!!
As usual, Andy is doing the really heavy lifting of his camera!  ;D

Andy Hoffer

Speaking of heavy lifting! .......

Who ever thought that lifting up one leg could be so difficult?  I mean, really, male dogs do it all the time!!   8)

Andy

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on April 28, 2018, 06:34:37 PM

@bweaver ,

You have to let go of it if you want to win!!  :D

Andy

Andy Hoffer

@Frank v B  showing the wear and tear of having to spend a whole traumatic morning with me!  Gee that was fun!!!  8)

Andy

bweaver

Andy and Greg.  Great pictures.  A few personal thoughts...  :-\

1) I think we should easily win the Guinness Book of World Records under the category of 'Longest conga-line pushing a roller with one leg up'.

2) Simon gets 10 points for style with his Warwing release posture.  Fantastic.  Demonstrating balance, poise, stretch, one foot off the ground, a thoughtful and competitive expression. 

3) Thinking of a competitive expression, look at the guy behind Simon.  (Lacks racing experience but determined to win next time.)

4) Finally regarding the picture of Frank - Do I need to say anymore?

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: bweaver on April 29, 2018, 08:20:35 AM
Andy and Greg Stephan.  Great pictures.  A few personal thoughts...  :-\

1) I think we should easily win the Guinness Book of World Records under the category of 'Longest conga-line pushing a roller with one leg up'.

2) Simon gets 10 points for style with his Warwing release posture.  Fantastic.  Demonstrating balance, poise, stretch, one foot off the ground, a thoughtful and competitive expression. 

3) Thinking of a competitive expression, look at the guy behind Simon.  (Lacks racing experience but determined to win next time.)

4) Finally regarding the picture of Frank - Do I need to say anymore?

Andy   ;)

Frank v B

Bruce,

re your comments:  Notice the person who was the A$$-end of the Conga Line.

You are always bringing up the back end.

A fun day.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"