Flight Instruction Starts May 2nd at TEMAC/Rogo Field 6 p.m.

Started by bweaver, April 26, 2018, 10:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

Welcome to TEMAC's 2018 model flight training program. It will officially begin this coming Wednesday May 2nd, at 6 p.m. and continue till dusk. It will continue each Wednesday evening through to mid September.

At this time, please be advised that Wednesday evenings are intended for flight instruction only; Members with wings are asked not to fly.

For first time students, please refer to the Flight Instruction program details found at  http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6534.0.html  and http://temac.ca/?page_id=250 .

Our team of Instructors and Ground Crew Instructors are passionate and happy about teaching others to fly; we volunteer our time and dedicate our efforts for the training evenings. We do however ask that student pilots respect our non-volunteer time when we are at the field flying at other times. As a student, please don't expect to arrive at the field at other times and have an Instructor assist you, without having made prior arrangements. In most instances our volunteer instructors are willing to help out by appointment at times other than Wednesday nights.  Don't be afraid to inquire.   

AS A NOTICE TO STUDENTS - Every upcoming Wednesday morning, I will announce/confirm on this website, in this forum, that flight instruction will proceed as scheduled, depending on the weather and forecast.

Welcome to all new students and to those continuing to work towards achieving their wings.

It is time now to get your airplane and flight equipment ready to go.  Check over your plane and equipment, charge your batteries and see you at the field.

Bruce

SeeFernando

Super Excited!

Hope the weather holds up!  I'm going to do my best to make it there for 6!

I'll be there with my brand new apprentice (sadly with only one battery)

Thanks ya'll!

-Chris
-Chris

bweaver

Quote from: SeeFernando on April 30, 2018, 02:59:16 PM
Super Excited!

Hope the weather holds up!  I'm going to do my best to make it there for 6!

I'll be there with my brand new apprentice (sadly with only one battery)

Thanks ya'll!

-Chris

That's the spirit @SeeFernando !  Come with your battery charged.

If you only have one transmitter please let me know this? If you have your own buddy box training cable and a second transmitter you are way ahead of the game.  If you don't, we will have to arrange to set you up with a buddy box cable and a second transmitter.  This won't  be a problem. 

Also, I am sure a few more charged batteries are likely to show up as well that could be made available to students Wednesday evenings for extra flight training time.

Let's hope the weather holds out.  Let me know about the buddy box matter? 

Watch for the go or no go announcement on Wednesday in the Forum.

SeeFernando

Quote from: bweaver on April 30, 2018, 03:54:14 PM
Let me know about the buddy box matter? 

I've only got the RTF kit for the Apprentice, so only one DXe Transmitter.

I can look at getting buddy box setup for the future, but I definitely won't be able to get that together for Wednesday.  Could we rely on the "Safe" mode for training?

Thanks again!

-Chris
-Chris

BJROB

My Work??? is so secret....
I Don't even Know what I'm Doing!!!

bweaver