Frank's Rainbow 2000 (.45-.55 size) build

Started by Frank v B, May 13, 2018, 09:56:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank v B

Last few details done tonight.  Tomorrow (Saturday) before noon it is going back to John's Hobbies.  Roger will add the ESC and bind the RX to the customer's transmitter and voila!

The last details were:
- attaching the landing gear for the first time
- building an extension to the battery box.  There may be a CG problem because the motor is a .90 for an airplane designed to fly with a .55.  I extended the battery box backward until it is in the pilot's nether region.  This way the 8 cell pack (2 -4S packs) can be used to find the proper CG.  Cannot do it now because the ESC has not been installed yet.
- assembled and bagged all the extra bits, the instruction booklets (plane, RX), the extra (small) wheels, wheel pants, spare screws, etc.

Done.

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Andy Hoffer

Way to go @Frank v B !  I am looking forward to your formal portrait of this completed masterpiece from a nice low (down on the ground) realistic angle, with precise focus from tip to tail, with fill flash, with balanced exposure, with perfect white balance and an uncluttered, defocused background!  8)

(I'll bet the soy beans are relieved to hear that this plane is going back to John's Hobbies!!)

Cheers!

Andy

Frank v B

Andy,

I am drawing a blank. 
Oh, that is not my state of mind, it is describing the photo.  There ain't one. ;)
No photo, no critique, no snide comments.  Problem solved. ;D

Frank

Frank v B

The plane was delivered to John's Hobbies at 10:30 am today, Saturday, June 23.  Picked up my next assignment.  The link is http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6655.0.html

Frank

Frank v B

Just got a phone call today from the owner.  He maidened the plane today and said it flew incredibly well.  He said it had lots of power.  I hope so.  The motor was twice the size recommended.

I mentioned to the owner that this kit was of phenomenal quality.  Everything fit, nothing had to be sanded.  The stabilizer and fin were perfectly square when slipped into their slots.  First time ever in my experience.  The covering was meticulously applied, the edges accurately trimmed.  In my book its gets a 9 out of 10.  Equal to or better than E-Flite/Horizon.

Frank