3DLabPrint Qtrainer

Started by Gil.E, May 18, 2018, 11:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gil.E

Following up on one of my 3D printed winter builds, here is the link to the Maiden flight of the 3DLabPrint Qtrainer 3D printed model:

https://youtu.be/CURUTuW1kTA

I might as well post it here actually flying, as proof of concept validation, before it ends up as a thousand plastic splinters in the mud due to my piloting "skills".
By the way, in case you are wondering, PLA plastic is made of corn and sugarcane starches and is fully biodegradable. A much more environmental crashing material than foam, if it's any incentive to switch over.   

It seems this plane flies much better than it taxis. The Landing gear, which is also fully printed with a mix of plastic and flexible (rubber like) filament tires is being fixed and will be tested soon. It was taken up to the air by Jeff once I gave up on playing with it as an RC car. The video snippets were taken by Carlos on his phone. Thank you both for the team work.

PS: I don't have a "YouTube" embedding button user option and was unable to embed the YouTube video into my post using either the "html" or "YouTube" square bracket framing, not sure why... ??? 
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

VadimKirillov

Nice.  What's your next 3D project?

Gil.E

I still have 3 other 3DlabPrint  models in the Plastic department assembly queue...
These are in various stages of assembly/repair before a test flight can happen:

1) Spitfire Mk XVI - (built last summer, painted and reprinted wing this winter) requires new motor mount.
2) P47N - Requires new customized landing gear - original 3mm steel Piano wire kept bending on every landing.
3) P38 - requires installation of landing gear and power system.

Other than that the printer is busy these days finishing a large print job for a Mig-15 90mm EDF.
Given the backlog I am not even sure if I'll finish the Mig this summer.
"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.