Flight Instruction May 23rd is a GO

Started by bweaver, May 23, 2018, 08:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

The weather looks great for training this evening starting at six. 

A bit breezy but if you can't fly in the wind, when can you fly?

SeeFernando

It was a fun session! Quite breezy!

Thanks everyone!
-Chris

bweaver

What a great student night we had last night. 

Student pilots Paul, Chris and Don were out again as participating students and were accompanied by Malcom C (pilot) who was taking some advanced training to reinforce and enhance his current flying skills. 

We also had three new student pilots joining us from the 246 Air Cadet Squadron for introductory flights and an opportunity to check out their trainer airplane which they will be using for training purposes on future training nights. The Air Cadets are members of their squadron's model airplane club.  I will introduce them next week when I have their permission.  Each of the Cadets demonstrated a quick transfer of their learned skills from the simulator they have been training on to applying their skills in the air.

Their training model needed a bit of work, but TEMAC's dedicated ground crew and instructors consisting of @battlestu (Greg Hazelton), @BJROB (BJ Roberts), @Richard_RC_Guy (Richard Bundy) and @Oscar  (Oscar Mok) coordinated getting it prepared to fly, while the students each had individual introductory flight sessions.  They were thrilled to see their plane get into the air by the end of the evening and look forward to using it next week.

@Athol (Athol Cohen) generously donated a number of micro aircraft and related equipment to the 246 Squadron's model airplane club for their future use as well. 

Many thanks to Athol, Peter, Simon, Graham, and Vic for their assistance and instruction as well.  (I apologize if missed anyone.)

A great evening....

Bruce