Flew today; looking forward to Sunday (May 27, 2018)

Started by Michael, May 26, 2018, 08:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael

Glenn helped me maiden my FlexJet today. I flew it twice, and will try again tomorrow.

Also flew my Kobra, Gee Bee Sportster, and Catalina.

Anyone else out tomorrow afternoon?
Michael

Oscar

I will be at the field around 1:30pm.  See you tomorrow.  :D

Frank v B

I'll be there approx. 10:30-1:30  Coffee at Tim's Woodbine at 10:15 am.

Fine tune my Pogo, blast around the sky with the RareBear and a little Rearwin Speedstering. 8)

Frank
"Never trade luck for skill"

Frank v B

What a beautiful day. Wind straight down the runway. 8)

Got there at 10:30 and helped the shift change from the Morning Crew to the afternoon Workaholics.  Richard, Karl, Jim, Mike B. and Dr. John were doing the pile driving honours.  Jim maidened his brand new lawn dart and brought a collection of about 6 planes.  Mike Brodey was tearing up the sky with his little Zipper, a few jets and a combat plane.  Dr. John was orchestrating the madness. ;D
Then the afternoon shift came in- Michael, Peter and the king of leaf blowers... Simon.

Michael did a masterful job maidening his new Scarlet Screamer EF-1 pylon plane.  He did the first flight on 3S until he had the trims down.  It flew well.  EF-1 races are on 4 cells.

I flew my Rearwin Speedster, trimmed out the new Pogo so the control throws don't get me another lecture from Cory, flew my Birdie 10 and the E-Flite Rarebear on 4 cells with an EF-1 motor.

Then had to leave for a 1:30 business appointment in the north end.

Count down untill Wednesday.  Will try my best to make it.

Bruce, get ready for another Morning Crew application.  Richard pulled the pin on his retirement this week.  It will be effective at the end of his contract in a few weeks. :)

Frank

Michael

Amazing day!

After Frank left, more and more people came by. When I left at 3:30 there were at least a dozen flyers.

There was coordinated jets (Vampires and Yaks), Cub and glider flying, and lots more.
Michael

Frank v B

re: Michael's  "After Frank left, more and more people came by."

I have that effect at the field.  :) ;D 8)
Andy and Bruce can elaborate! ;)

Frank

Andy Hoffer

Quote from: Frank v B on May 27, 2018, 07:02:14 PM
re: Michael's  "After Frank left, more and more people came by."

I have that effect at the field.  :) ;D 8)
Andy and Bruce can elaborate! ;)

Frank

Well, I have to admit it was a really sublime flying experience between 5:00 and 6:00 today.   A nice warm SE breeze and the heat of the day had passed.  And the beautiful late afternoon light from the west really lit up the planes.   8)

Andy

Oscar

What a wonderful day.  Burnt 16 Lipo. 

Some formation flying.

SpitFire
Glenn / Richard / Oscar

Yak 130
Loi / Oscar

sihinch

I love that Yak!  For sure one of the best flying planes I've ever had.  It flies so well at 50% throttle (I know, I know, that surprises some of you!  ;D)