FOUND - Gil.E's Warwing on Thur. May 24.

Started by Richard_RC_Guy, May 24, 2018, 09:37:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_RC_Guy

-

sihinch

Quote from: Richard_RC_Guy on May 24, 2018, 09:37:12 PM
Hi Gill:

I found your Warwing going home from the field on Thursday evening

Bloody hell Gil, I knew you were smart but how did you get your Warwing to go home on it's own?

Gil.E

Thank You so much for looking out Richard!
You saved the day for me - As you have seen first hand, it wasn't going very well for me... Until I saw your message  :D

PM on its way.

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

Gil.E

Hey Simon,
Is there a TEMAC pilot rehab program, where I can voluntarily relinquish my MAAC wings and enroll in flight school again?  ???
or at least have my eyes checked by a professional ?

This has been a bad evening.... If I may quote Douglas Adams:
"I've had the sort of day that would make St. Francis of Assisi kick babies."

"I'm just saying that hobbies are important to the man, whether you're risking your life or flying little planes from a safe distance" - Gloria Pritchett (Sofia Vergara), Modern Family Season 1, Episode 3.

bweaver

Re; your comment @Gil.E  "Is there a TEMAC pilot rehab program, where I can voluntarily relinquish my MAAC wings and enroll in flight school again?  ???"

I'm glad to see Gil, I am not the only one experiencing CS Switch difficulties/malfunctions. 

Speaking to you as the clubs CFI, I would advise you to start by following and adding to the topic "This week's safety tips for at the field and in the air" at http://temac.ca/smf/index.php/topic,6588.msg43185.html#msg43185

It may be beneficial and save an airplane or two.

Gil.E

@bweaver
Thanks to the FrSky Taranis Radio programming versatility, my radio CS switch is set as a 3-position/way switch, with an additional setting.
This allows me to take off in CS mode (Completely Stupid) and once the plane is in the air I normally switch to BS mode (Beyond Stupid).

I will write up and add my safety tip to your collection thread later on.

By the way, when I purchased your Warwing Kit this winter, I was under the impression this aircraft supported beyond-visual-range combat capability and all weather operation. Did I misread the specs ?       

bweaver

@Gil.E - Re: "By the way, when I purchased your Warwing Kit this winter, I was under the impression this aircraft supported beyond-visual-range combat capability and all weather operation. Did I misread the specs ?"

Gil, 2 points. (1) a wise old man once told me, "out of sight, out of control".  (2) You obviously didn't read the fine print.  ;D

Gil.E

(2) You obviously didn't read the fine print;D

Fine print text....  Apparently I am both far sighted and near sighted  ;)

electroflyer

I try to keep my radio on the "Keep it simple Stupid" mode. Less taxing on the brain... and reflexes! lol ;D

Glenn