Wanted - Apprentice, Mentor planes or pieces for TEMAC training program (Done)

Started by bweaver, May 28, 2018, 08:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bweaver

This following is a plea from your TEMAC Chief Flight Instructor.

Last Wednesday evening we had a number Air Cadets from the 246 Air Cadet Squadron's model airplane club join us, to learn how to fly.  They have a nice radio and one high wing Cub type trainer that will be suitable for flight instruction purposes.  I also have my own Mentor and a number of batteries that they may use to assist them in this regard as well. (I also use this Mentor for my grand children's flight instruction purposes as well.) 

There is nothing more disappointing for a student to come out for flight instruction, only to discover that their aircraft may not be flight worthy, or they encounter problems at the field which ground them for the evening...  To avoid or minimize these experiences by having a couple of flight ready training aircraft and batteries available to assist students, I am requesting a donation of any training type aircraft or parts of trainers you may have that can be offered for use in our flight training program. 

As many of you know and have experienced, training aircraft take a beating, even with the most competent students and instructors.  If you have such planes or parts hanging around that you are unlikely to use, please consider donating them to this worthy cause. 

For example, Malcolm C. donated his old Apprentice to the club last year, which Frank vB restored for such use.  Jake U. has also donated some of his older flight batteries that are still suitable for use in trainers.

Don't worry if the plane or pieces are in rough shape.  We will do what we can to make the best use out of them in TEMAC's flight training program.

I look forward to hearing from you.  In many instances, I can arrange for pick-up where necessary.

Thanks for your consideration and donation.  :) :) :) :) :)

VadimKirillov

Hi Bruce,

I have Multiplex Mentor gifted to me last year for training, I rarely use it right now. I will gladly return a favor and give it back for student program.

bweaver

@VadimKirillov Thank you so much Vadim.  It is very generous.  Do you want me to pick it up, or meet at the field?  What ever is convenient, please let me know.

Thanks,
Bruce  :) :) :) :) :) :)

VadimKirillov

@bweaver Hi Bruce, If that is urgent for this Wednesday you can pick it up, otherwise I can bring it to the field one of the weekends.

bweaver

Thanks Vadim.  ? -  I will PM you my phone #.  When you have a chance, give me a call and I can arrange to pick it up at your convenience.

Thanks again,
Bruce

bweaver

Thanks to Vadim's generosity, TEMACs training program now has a Mentor for use in student flight instruction.  I have checked it out and looks great to go.

Now on to my next request. Does anyone have any old working Spectrum radio transmitters suitable for use in our flight training program (buddy box compatible) you would like to donate?  I am setting up a new topic for this request.

For those of you who have old trainer type aircraft or parts which they would like to donate, don't hesitate to contact me.  The acquisition of these planes and parts is not urgent now, seeing as the first donation netted the club a complete plane to use at this time.   I would be happy to take them off your hands and ready them for TEMAC flight instruction purposes.

Thanks,
Bruce